-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

Just now, Green Building said:

I like his lack of fear toward putting the puck towards the net. He reminds me of Samuelsson, in a way.

I like the sneak shots, how he uses the d man as a screen.  

Still happy with Guddy, Boeser, and Horvat.  Starting to appreciate Vanek and I thought Baer had a better game.  Sedins.. Hmmm 

• Upvote 3

Hopefully they start giving virtanen a fair shake, not sure what he's done to deserve riding the pine. PP at the end with all the kids looked good, hopefully green pulls his head out and let's the youth gain some confidence on the pp instead of just throwing the sedins out there everytime. They look like grandpas out there

30 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

Ugliest rat faced child I've ever seen.

Garcon au rodent, I always say. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2017 at 3:03 PM, 6string said:

Were a few yars away at recovering a three goal deficit in the first period.

Is it just me or am I catching Pouliot shifts where he just seems so disinterested or lacking energy, somethings missing there...

Agreed. I didn't think he had a very good game overall. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hockey101 class said:

Why the hell is this kid not getting more icetime

Best forward in the pre season to riding the pine, makes no sense

7 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I like the sneak shots, how he uses the d man as a screen.  

Or in McQuaid's case...

Yeah, the sneaky shot. I wish he hit the net with a few of his misses tonight, but thems the breaks when you're picking corners.

38 minutes ago, b3. said:

Have a gut feeling the Twins won't even crack 30 points each this season.

How would feel about 30-point seasons and a couple -45s?

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Honestly almost don't care how much he'll cost... so sick of seeing us getting hammered... He together with Boeser has been the 2 bright spots so far this season.

Even 4.5m over 5 years? 

Thats a lot for a guy who brings no offense and is probably gonna get slower over the years 

4x4 is as much as I’d like to go 

4 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Hopefully they start giving virtanen a fair shake, not sure what he's done to deserve riding the pine. PP at the end with all the kids looked good, hopefully green pulls his head out and let's the youth gain some confidence on the pp instead of just throwing the sedins out there everytime. They look like grandpas out there

I think its just a little more work needed on his defensive awareness. My bet is by the end of the year he's i the 15-16 minute range. Green doesn't want to blow things now so I'm ok with the lowered 3rd period minutes for now. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2017 at 3:23 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

I think its just a little more work needed on his defensive awareness. My bet is by the end of the year he's i the 15-16 minute range. Green doesn't want to blow things now so I'm ok with the lowered 3rd period minutes for now. 

If that's the plan, I'm ok with it. Jake came into this season a far better player IMO. Sure he is responsible for that, but with help from Green.  I'm going to assume Green has a plan and it's gonna work out. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Refs were garbage.

how were the refs garbage? Other than the instigator penalty that should have given them only a 3 min PP instead of a 5 min PP, it was fair..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm just not seeing it, he isn't making significant blunders or anything. I just hope they don't mold him into a 4th line grinder when he's got so much more potential