The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson suspended one game for hit on Frank Vatrano

Apricot

Got the notification on my phone. 

What are your thoughts?

B8963B15-CB68-47A5-BC96-D9359B78C197.png

Phone hearing so less than 5 games

Here's the hit if anyone hasn't seen it!

Its official: 

What do you all think? I personally think it’s BS

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

What total and absolute crap.

Why the hell would you ever turn your back on a monster in that moment?

Oh, but I'm not surprised. Will probably be the 42nd worst hit of the year, but the only one in the top 50 to get a suspension. Typical.

The only bit of motion he makes is to make a pass otherwise his back is turned pretty much the entire time. I am not sure if this is a suspendable hit but it was deserving of 5 and a game. Gudbranson could see his numbers the whole way through.

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'm not even being a homer when I say this.  But to ME  5 mins and a game is acceptable punishment.  A suspension is absolute garbage.  No way that's a suspension.

during the broadcast they talked about another player who did something similar but only 3 minutes or something anyone else remember what they had said about it?

Anyways I agree with the punishment all those goals going in Gudbranson probably kicking himself for what cost the team. If I was TG he'd be a healthy scratch for a few games. Cost the team big tonight.

2 minutes ago, Shekky said:

during the broadcast they talked about another player who did something similar but only 3 minutes or something anyone else remember what they had said about it?

Anyways I agree with the punishment all those goals going in Gudbranson probably kicking himself for what cost the team. If I was TG he'd be a healthy scratch for a few games. Cost the team big tonight.

Scratching probably our best defencemen so far this season is stupid.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

The only bit of motion he makes is to make a pass otherwise his back is turned pretty much the entire time. I am not sure if this is a suspendable hit but it was deserving of 5 and a game. Gudbranson could see his numbers the whole way through.

Toews, I guess I have to watch it again then. 

It was from behind, on the numbers, I agree, but he brought it upon himself.

Lots of ways to not get creamed there.

He's a hockey player skating with his back to the ice, close to the boards.

Had it coming.

Archived