The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Buffalo Sabres

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Lidstrom with a near untouchable mark. WOW. 

Anyone in the pipe to challenge that? Backstrom possibly but I dunno. I'm shocked Henny won't get that.

Henrik is 92 assists away. If he can play 3 more seasons (including this one) putting up an average of around 40 points, it's possible.

15 minutes ago, apollo said:

YESSSS! CUP OR BUST! 

where are the idiots saying DD should be on waivers? Show yourselves! 

(I even said he's not worth 2.65... So I'm one of the idiots too) 

Anyone can have a few good nights in the league no matter who you are. I am one who wanted to waive him because I did not like his play over two season he played for us, taking untimely penalties and did not stand up for his teammates when he had a few chances to do it so.   Let's see after 20-25 games and I might change my mind.  Also I was one who wanted to waive him because of his neck surgery and was not sure if he would show his worth and taking a spot from our young prospects that might be able to play well.   I'm not taking a chance on this one so.  His value is higher today than it was 2-3 weeks ago in a trade.  

12 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I love what Green's doing with the Sedins so far. Keep them away from d-zone assignments, use them situationally, keep them fresh. I hope he keeps Virtanen there for a couple of games to see if some chemistry can develop, I like Virtanen as the aggressive forechecker/speed presence on their line.

Fantastic effort from the Sutter and Horvat lines (although Bo/Baer/Boeser didn't score, they had a lot of good offensive shifts). Vanek had some nice moments as well, probably the best of the free agent signings so far, but his line is a bit of a mish mash of parts... still waiting on Gagner to show something.

Agreed, good on the forecheck and his pace can mitigate the Twins lack of speed getting back on D. Good for his development to play with such smart players, will help him think the game better.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Henrik is 92 assists away. If he can play 3 more seasons (including this one) putting up an average of around 40 points, it's possible.

I doubt he can get even 40 points this season with the way the Sedins are playing right now. I also don't want to see them on the team for 3 more seasons.

20 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Worst player on the ice = gagner

18 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

He does absolutely nothing. Another great signing. 

It is still very early in the season to judge Gagner, he has been a very good pro his entire career.  He does do a lot of little things well and works hard and will probably start getting some points eventually as long as he keeps the effort level up.

While you're knocking signings, you guys want to complain about the signing of MDZ as well??

It was a win......be happy

I'm really pleased on the way the team played, overcoming deficits with and eventually GWG from the error on offside call.  It should have been overturned.  I would like to see fair call throughout the league, including us without any bias.   If that game winning goal happened the same way against us, I'd be fuming.   I hate to see other fans fuming over a wrong call like this one.  I am seeking consistency from you, NHL.  

Now, I missed the third period due to getting picking up dinner but I'm really happy on the way they played tonight.  

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I doubt he can get even 40 points this season with the way the Sedins are playing right now. I also don't want to see them on the team for 3 more seasons.

After 7 games you're already determining that?

They're re-signing after this season for at least one, so you better get used to it. After that we'll see.

Archived