The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Buffalo Sabres

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

The more I see of Green, the more I like. Concise responses, gives praise where it’s due and, as in the comment about Markstrom wanting that second 1 back, isn’t afraid to say so. I respect that and I bet the players do too. 

Can we please get a post game conference where those 2 idiots Botchford and Patterson don't ask every question? 

Just now, the_impersonator13 said:

Can we please get a post game conference where those 2 idiots Botchford and Patterson don't ask every question? 

if they didnt the presser would be over in 2 minutes.  the Nucks are not the New York Yankees.    

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Didn't watch the game, but judging from the comments its seems like Dorsett and the 4th were excellent tonight.

How's Virtanen with the Sedins? Did he stick with the Sedins the whole game? Got a point with em.

Sutter lead forwards in ice time, Dorsett was 3rd behind Horvat.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It will be. Do fans already forget the discount they already took?

These guys will sign for 3-4 million just to give the team a better chance. Just wait and see.

Question is would they consider playing separate to not drag down the speed of a line?

Each year the NHL gets significantly faster how much longer can they keep up for?

Just now, DeNiro said:

It will be. So fans already forget the discount they already took?

These guys will sign for 3-4 million just to give the team a better chance. Just wait and see.

Let's wait and see if they can muster a 40-50 points season then I might resign them to a year to year deal like Doan but as long as it is not over 3 million dollars for what they bring.  Truthfully, if Benning feels that 4 lines are more than ready and is better than Sedin then it's time to move on.  I would prefer that this will be their final year unless they decided to sign for less than 2 million dollars.  If that is the amount, then the cap would be freed up for up to 10 million dollars and could fetch us first liner or a top D, depending on who is available.   If there is no available top scorer or D then it's best to leave that cap open for a future trade.   

Good systems and extra viable depth.

Without two of their top 4, they still looked fairly solid and dominated the possession game tonight - that it was a travel back to back is promising.

Really impressed by Pouliot's play without the puck - he's stepped in and been quietly very responsible and effective defensively - see no reason that would hold him up at this point - if he continues to play like he is he's going to force a difficult decision upon Edler's return.

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Let's wait and see if they can muster a 40-50 points season then I might resign them to a year to year deal like Doan but as long as it is not over 3 million dollars for what they bring.  Truthfully, if Benning feels that 4 lines are more than ready and is better than Sedin then it's time to move on.  I would prefer that this will be their final year unless they decided to sign for less than 2 million dollars.  If that is the amount, then the cap would be freed up for up to 10 million dollars and could fetch us first liner or a top D, depending on who is available.   If there is no available top scorer or D then it's best to leave that cap open for a future trade.   

Kyle Turris and Evander Kane would be nice replacements on the top line for the Sedins.

2 BC boys both UFAs in the Summer.

Then you could get a Tyson Barrie for Hutton and a Goldobin package or something maybe and then the Canucks look like something.

Just now, oldnews said:

Without two of their top 4, they still looked fairly solid and dominated the possession game tonight.

Really impressed by Pouliot's play without the puck - he's stepped in and been quietly very responsible and effective defensively - see no reason that would hold him up at this point - if he continues to play like he is he's going to force a difficult decision upon Edler's return.

Me too. Making the right plays. Not the flashiest skater or puck handler but very sound positionaly. I think the Pens thought he was Kieth/Doughty type of player because of how he dominated the CHL offensively. But in the end if he is a solid 3-5 guy, that’s better than what Pedan’s ceiling is projected to be. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Without two of their top 4, they still looked fairly solid and dominated the possession game tonight - that it was a travel back to back is promising.

I could see Hutton being forced out Travis Green knows and trusts Pouliot.

Hutton has size but doesn't play physical doesn't have a great shot either or great offensive numbers.

Could be redundant now with Stecher and Pouliot present.

25 minutes ago, ThaShady1 said:

The more I see of Green, the more I like. Concise responses, gives praise where it’s due and, as in the comment about Markstrom wanting that second 1 back, isn’t afraid to say so. I respect that and I bet the players do too. 

Strongly agree! This TG is a good kid, eh @Rick Blight :^) ?

Really like his interviews.

Archived