The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is no good

Odd.

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I’m not sure I can get it in writing lol, but I know many close to him that are afraid he’s going to piss his career away in a bottle the way that most of them kids usually do when they have potential 

Wow!  I sure hope he's not hooked on alcohol, and he's really injured.

On 2017-10-21 at 1:10 AM, Odd. said:

Montreal is no good. They're currently 1-6-1 after another loss to Anaheim.

I feel bad for Carey Price. His career is being wasted playing with that franchise that has yet to assemble anything decent in front of him. 

I think Montreal needs to tear everything down and start from scratch. This starts from management. Get rid of Bergevin. Obviously nothing is working out for them and the core that they have right now is not going to cut it and management have done NOTHING to address this. They've got a depleted prospect pool and in my mind they're currently the worst Canadian team in the NHL today. Current core not working out for them, no future ahead of them. They're like the 2013-2014 canucks. Stale stale stale.

Trade the likes of Plekanec, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and maybe and build your team around Jonathan Drouin, Gallagher, Shaw, Mete, etc. And stop trading away top prospects and the only good players you actually have. 

And get the C off of Pacioretty. You have to feel bad for the guy, he should have never had the C and was given an overwhelming role and faced a lot of adversity because of it. 

Like the city they play in; everything is broken.

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Like the city they play in; everything is broken.

I love Montreal, the city.  It's fabulous!  Their bridges, and overpasses are all falling apart.  They are literally crumbling.  Their team, like their cities' bridges/overpasses needs a complete rebuild.

If Montreal goes into seller mode and Vancouver feels it can compete but can't re-sign Gudbranson, I hope we try to steal Jordie Benn.

He's not that old at 30, is signed to a very reasonable $1.1 million per contract, is physical, has decent size and can also move the puck, plus he can play both sides even though he's left handed.  He's currently averaging 18 minutes a game, and largely brings what Erik can without the big contract.  Then we can free Erik to acquire assets.

Archived