The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Green's very encouraging debut to NHL coaching has a solid base. I suspect he is making regular phone calls back to the Smokeater brain trust in Trail. Many Trail team I watched were coldly methodical about how they played. Fast and tenacious on the puck with the right dash of physicality. Mentally hard to play against.

The other thing is the buy-in he has from his players. You can tell he works closely with them and that they respect him immensely. 

We not only have a good team in the making but also a good coach. We're trending well. 

2 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

This is literally the perfect time to get Subban some action and see what he can really do. Because is someone else got hurt not Stetcher people will

just say we don’t need more small defensemen.

People need to really let go of the idea that Subban can be an NHL'er. Not gonna happen.

Awesome forward pressure by the Nucks in this game. When Detroit had the Puck. 

Lots of turnovers for up ice rushes.Like we haven't seen since we had Hansen, Torres & Burrows all cruising in to steal pucks on back to back, to back shifts...

That game, the punishing fore-check, rewards guys like Jake and Dorsett.  Hell, even Vanek was causing turnovers.  

Great job Travis Green! :frantic:

edit > Also gets opportunities for guys like Baertschi obviously!

10 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

People need to really let go of the idea that Subban can be an NHL'er. Not gonna happen.

but why can't we just move him to the wing?! you don't need to play a 200ft game or win board battles as a winger!

12 hours ago, Jester13 said:

The other thing is the buy-in he has from his players. You can tell he works closely with them and that they respect him immensely. 

We not only have a good team in the making but also a good coach. We're trending well. 

Lets not get carried away, the last coach had 8 wins in the first 11 games and the team scored 37 goals with what was an arguably poorer team. We need to keep the pressure off Green and pray that we don't have to endure any more injuries to key players.

It annoys me how some of the fans who go overboard on expectations after some relative success are usually the first to attack the coach when things don't go to expectations due mainly to factors out of a coach'e control.

It has been 8 games - 8 games at the start of a season.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Lets not get carried away, the last coach had 8 wins in the first 11 games and the team scored 37 goals with what was an arguably poorer team. We need to keep the pressure off Green and pray that we don't have to endure any more injuries to key players.

It annoys me how some of the fans who go overboard on expectations after some relative success are usually the first to attack the coach when things don't go to expectations due mainly to factors out of a coach'e control.

Saying that we're trending well is going overboard and getting carried away? 

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

A timely reminder and yes everyone thought Desjardin was the answer when he started. Green is younger and looks younger. The team never quit on Willy and are adapting to Green's coaching with the same attitude. Suggests to me that the Canuck roster has good attitudes. Good start but I agree that this roster will have more down periods than up this year. That is OK with me as long as the young players and prospects get regular opportunities. 

Archived