The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Playoff Watch

Roberts

Get the playoff towels ready! :towel::towel::towel:

[2017-10-22] But seriously, they're doing a fine job so far, few shaky games but I think TG will be good for them. Surprised how good Vegas is doing though..

[2017-12-04 Update] Still clinging on to that playoff spot, shocking how close it is with 3 teams tied at 29 points with Canucks at 30 in the last spot.standings.thumb.PNG.03bd670db84e59427b92a56ebd56dd39.PNG

Note that I do not constantly update this, so the standings you see are probably outdated.

Cup or bust! 

I think this team should easily slip in on one of the wildcard spots at the very least. 

Hopefully higher... 2nd or 1st in the division should be within reach if things go right and we stay healthy! 

We do have the same record as last season at this point but the team has looked way different. Last year we squeaked by and got lucking winning a bunch of games by 1 goal. This year we have dominated 4 games and looked good in all but the Boston game. I think we are in much better shape even with the same record.

14 minutes ago, apollo said:

Cup or bust! 

I think this team should easily slip in on one of the wildcard spots at the very least. 

Hopefully higher... 2nd or 1st in the division should be within reach if things go right and we stay healthy! 

Easily? Very least? 

I like what I see so far but it's far too early to make claims like those. Let's at least wait until the quarter season mark. We should have a pretty good idea of our team by then. 

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

It looks like the extinction of the "Ducks" happened earlier than expected.

Literally.

The Ducks' injured reserve currently includes Getzlaf, Kesler, Fowler, Lindholm, Vatanen, and Eaves. Not exactly shocking that they don't have a great record right now.

Surprised to see such strong depth contributors (Dorsett tied for the team lead in points, Nilsson looks like a solid signing/ potential starter, Burmistrov and Vanek have looked solid and versatile, plus good showings from Boeser, and hopefully see more from Jake, Bo and Sven who hopefully heat up after tonight's showing).

Still early, and hope we can do a Sens-style wild-card entry, draft well and remain competitive while restocking.  Hope the tank days are over?  (Could be if Pettersson shows real promise and Demko takes over in the cage, then we'd look pretty good).

Archived