The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You have $15 to spend, build your lineup

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Yzerman - 3

Bure - 2 

Tkachuk - 2 

Stevens - 3  - I'd rather have Fetisov or Konstantinov at the same price...

NIedermeyer - 2 (best buy there is) 

Brodeur - 3 (2nd best buy there is) 

Chelios at $5 is hilarious........

Looking at Chelios career stats, the first half of his NHL career consisted on seasons of almost PPG while putting up around 200 PIMs. Later on in his career, he redefined his game and became a tough shut down dman. I didn't see him play in his early career, but it seemed like they are numbers worthy of being a top end dman during his time. Without seeing that part of his career, I would agree that it's tough to say he should be ranked so highly in this list.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Looking at Chelios career stats, the first half of his NHL career consisted on seasons of almost PPG while putting up around 200 PIMs. Later on in his career, he redefined his game and became a tough shut down dman. I didn't see him play in his early career, but it seemed like they are numbers worthy of being a top end dman during his time. Without seeing that part of his career, I would agree that it's tough to say he should be ranked so highly in this list.

When Niedermeyer is $2 and would have won every Norris for 8 years if not for Lidstrom Chelios isn't worth $5.  I'll take 4 cups, a Memorial Cup and every international gold vs Chelios being carried to two cups by Patrick Roy and then a deep Wings team. I still don't know how Yzerman didn't win the Con Smythe that year...leading scorer on one knee and pretty much carried Detroit the first two rounds...other than Cloutier's help....

6 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

When Niedermeyer is $2 and would have won every Norris for 8 years if not for Lidstrom Chelios isn't worth $5.  I'll take 4 cups, a Memorial Cup and every international gold vs Chelios being carried to two cups by Patrick Roy and then a deep Wings team. I still don't know how Yzerman didn't win the Con Smythe that year...leading scorer on one knee and pretty much carried Detroit the first two rounds...other than Cloutier's help....

I'm not disagreeing with you, but as much as you could think Chelios is a result of his team's, Neidermeyer was on some pretty good teams of his own. Chelios could have had more Norris wins as well if Bourque wasn't in his way. Chelios had similar accolades and can play tough as nails. I don't think he's worth the $5 in the list as well, I just don't think he should be discredited either.

Archived