The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You have $15 to spend, build your lineup

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Great thread / game Vintage.

I guess this is the late 80s/early 90s version....

How much will it cost me to add Bryan Trottier?:bigblush:

I really liked the idea, so decided to post it and see what others come up with. I wish there were more players or variations of this.

Yeah, this is essentially the '90s version, so Bryan Trottier would be cheap during that time. ;)

4 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Gretzky ($5)

Hull ($4)

Leclair ($1)

Neidermayer ($2)

Blake ($1)

Brodeur ($3)

filthy.

Over the cap- you will be fined the following years first and second round picks, and forfeit the cup should your team win. Or  perhaps shave off that stache and the preceding penalties may be dropped.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

Over the cap- you will be fined the following years first and second round picks, and forfeit the cup should your team win. Or  perhaps shave off that stache and the preceding penalties may be dropped.

No, I'm the leafs. Parked Hull on LTIR for 7 games to make it work. 

Lol. I was too tired to do the math. 

Broduer
Niedermayer, Stevens

Bure, Yzerman, Tkachuk 

The goalies don't differ much, not enough to justify the cost beyond Broduer at least. Chemistry between two hall of famers on the back end, elite speed and goal scoring - elite playmaking and scoring - and uber gritty powerforward presence with goal scoring ability to round out the top line

Tkachuk (2) - Gretzky (5) - Hull (4) (elite setup man with a rugged beast of a power forward and one of the best shooters in the game)

Niedermayer (2) - Blake (1) (smooth-skating winner on the back end paired with a rock on the back end)

Joseph (1) (4th winningest goalie in NHL history?  Nuff said, sign me up)

are we allowed to switch guys off their natural wings?

God their to use to be some legendary goalies.  top 3 all had cups. in this era 2 of the best over the past 5-10 years Carey and Lundquist have none. makes me sad when the best goalies cant steal the show anymore.  Montreal would of won with Price if the Rangers didnt purposely take him out a few years ago.

god Damn rangers.  that still makes me angry.

19 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Tkachuk (2) - Gretzky (5) - Hull (4) (elite setup man with a rugged beast of a power forward and one of the best shooters in the game)

Niedermayer (2) - Blake (1) (smooth-skating winner on the back end paired with a rock on the back end)

Joseph (1) (4th winningest goalie in NHL history?  Nuff said, sign me up)

that is a dominant lineup.  you dont need roy or the others with that d snd forward group.

Think I've decided:

Kariya (3) - Sakic (2) - Recchi (1)

Leetch (2)  - Niedermayer (2)

Roy (4)

(1 point to spare)

Opted for a top 2 duo of Sakic and Kariya both capable of producing solid offence on their own.  They both can snipe and Recchi is great at finding the rebounds and potting in garbage goals.  On D I opted for the steady play of Leetch who can anchor my top pairing with the amazing great Niedermayer who is imo one of the best d in the past 20 years.  Toss in Patrick Roy imo the greatest goalie to ever play the game.  Marty Brodeur only passed him because he stuck around for another 5-6 or 7 years.  Marty was always second to Patrick Roy.  Patty Roy was the best! this lineup would fit today's game pretty well.  Defense would be top notch and offence would be more then capable against any team in the nhl today.  It would be a good 2 way team with lots of speed and explosive scoring potential!  Considered stevie y for his 2 way game but with the lower quality wingers it made more sense to add the amazing sniping power of Sakic.  His wristers still amaze me.  

Archived