The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested in D Slater Koekkoek

skategal

1 minute ago, skategal said:
Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports
FollowingFollowing @DhaliwalSports
More

With long term injuries on dee, just had an agent ask me if I have heard the #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png are talking to Tampa Bay about D Slater Koekkoek.

He has potential and might cost too much. I would rather the Canucks fill the gaps internally right now with call ups instead of trading away pieces for a stopgap at this point in the season. If we are in a playoff position by Xmas and had the same injury situation  it might make sense but this early in the season give Holm/Weircoch the opportunity. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Rick Dhaliwal was asked by an agent if the Canucks talked to the Lightning about Koekkoek. That doesn't sound like a possible trade to me. Just some agent asking this Dhaliwal guy a question.

I think it is just poor wording on Dhaliwal's part. I think an agent told Dhaliwal that the Canucks had contacted TB about Koekkoek. 

Dhaliwal isn't the type to put out his own speculation, IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

He has potential and might cost too much. I would rather the Canucks fill the gaps internally right now with call ups instead of trading away pieces for a stopgap at this point in the season. If we are in a playoff position by Xmas and had the same injury situation  it might make sense but this early in the season give Holm/Weircoch the opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

No point, unless another d-man or two goes down with a long-term injury. We shouldn't be pushing the panic button with just two d-men out (even if they are the top pairing). If more injuries happened I'd rather see guys like McEneny or Holm get a chance anyway. Is Koekkoek really that much of an upgrade?

I agree with you both. We have Bulldog who's patiently been waiting for a opportunity to get in and he did well in his season debut so I expect more of the same. Then what stone cold said, we have McEneny, Holm and Subban, Chatfield as well so it's better if we fill the holes internally before considering the trade route.

Canucks could use all of the D they can get. We all know that they drop like flies in February/March. There is a list waiting in the wings: Biega, Wiercioch, Holm, McEneny and Chatfield. I didn't include Subban as I have doubts he'll ever play for the Canucks.  

Know nothing about him including how to pronounce his name.  My thought is that we need to get rid of some of the vets in Utica as the guys we need to play (Rodin) aren't getting an opportunity.  If we're kicking tires, I hope we plan to trade a vet from Utica or maybe Gaunce if we have adequate forward depth.  Not sure what our cap situation is and too lazy to look it up to see whether his contract would fit.  

Archived