The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Canucks interested in D Slater Koekkoek

skategal

we have no defencemen up that are waiver exempt.  If we were to get him when Edler and Stetcher come back what would we do?  Obviously Wiercoich would go down but who else?  would we put the bulldog through waivers?  I know he isn't part of our future but would Koekkoek potential upside be worth losing Biega to waivers?  Also what would he cost?  I see people saying Guance or a vet in utica so clearly not high but would Yzerman even want our cast offs for a past 1st round draft pick?  I have a feeling that this will go nowhere.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If we're talking to Tampa it HAS to be Foote....

Koekoek is pretty and all but for the price Yzerman will ask might as well grab Foote instead.

Like Yzerman will ask the same thing for his 2012 first rounder with 46 NHL games and who's currently an healthy scratch as he would for his 2017 1st rounder??? 

My guess is it will be the same price as Pouliot.   I mean Koekkoek was pick 2 ranks after Pouliot....if Yzerman asks for 2 more pucks than what Benning paid for Pouliot, JB hangs up the phone and that rumors doesn't get out.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Rick Dhaliwal was asked by an agent if the Canucks talked to the Lightning about Koekkoek. That doesn't sound like a possible trade to me. Just some agent asking this Dhaliwal guy a question.

That is a strangely worded tweet by Dhaliwal. What next?

With a grumble in my stomach, just had an Subway sandwich artist ask me if I have heard of the Meatzza. NHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png#Canucks

42 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Like Yzerman will ask the same thing for his 2012 first rounder with 46 NHL games and who's currently an healthy scratch as he would for his 2017 1st rounder??? 

My guess is it will be the same price as Pouliot.   I mean Koekkoek was pick 2 ranks after Pouliot....if Yzerman asks for 2 more pucks than what Benning paid for Pouliot, JB hangs up the phone and that rumors doesn't get out.

I'm not looking at price.  I am looking at future needs.  Cal Foote is someone I've watched in kelowna for a while.  Kelowna breeds championship defenders the same way London does championship forwards.

If we're picking up a young D prospect from Tampa it should be Foote

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm not looking at price.  I am looking at future needs.  Cal Foote is someone I've watched in kelowna for a while.  Kelowna breeds championship defenders the same way London does championship forwards.

Would Tampa be game for such a deal?

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

His pedigree helps too. His father was a warrior.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Would Tampa be game for such a deal?

Honestly, Tampa is right now closer to a cup than they've been since they went out in the ECF a few years back and since they actually won.  A prospect now doesn't help them win that cup and Yzerman is no fool.  Dangle the right piece to his puzzle and he'll sell Foote today.

Arguably Foote would almost be easier than Koekoek knowing Koekoek is NHL ready in the event of potential injuries.

2 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

His pedigree helps too. His father was a warrior.

Damn rights.  Footes biggest knock is he doesn't use that size to his advantage nearly enough IMO

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Honestly, Tampa is right now closer to a cup than they've been since they went out in the ECF a few years back and since they actually won.  A prospect now doesn't help them win that cup and Yzerman is no fool.  Dangle the right piece to his puzzle and he'll sell Foote today.

What's the piece? Edler would pair nicely with Hedman.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Arguably Foote would almost be easier than Koekoek knowing Koekoek is NHL ready in the event of potential injuries.

Damn rights.  Footes biggest knock is he doesn't use that size to his advantage nearly enough IMO

And he's the newest captain of the Rockets too. I'm on board.

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What's the piece? Edler would pair nicely with Hedman.

And he's the newest captain of the Rockets too. I'm on board.

nah they have sergachev with Hedman, which looks to be a solid future top pairing.

Tampa's biggest need is cap space.  Taking Callahan off their hands would be extremely valuable to them.  But we are right at the cap ceiling and don't have room to take on that type of deal this year.   

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I bet TBay wants Tram's rights. Fit in with Kuch, Namest & Vasilevsky.

DON'T do it Jimbo!

He has 2.5 years left in Russia before he COULD come back.  If Koekkoek could be a future top 5-6 permanent feature for the team I would consider this.

Archived