The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek trade

38 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The dude must be a locker room cancer.

1 goal in 3 regular season games.

There has to be more to this than "performance".

Got to agree with that, it would translate into a 27 goal season, something that a lot of teams would be more than happy with—IF!

Honestly, if there's a world where an Eriksson for Shipachyov deal can be made, I say the Canucks have to make it.

Eriksson would probably thrive in a scorers role in Gallant's system. Canucks get out from under the Eriksson deal. And Shipachyov gets the "fresh" start he wants. Canucks can slot Shipachyov on the wing with the Sedins potentially or where Eriksson was and move him to centre when an injury occurs.

Canucks could probably throw in a draft pick in 2020 + a c prospect or 2 (Stukel, Candella, or Brassard) to sweeten the deal for the Golden Knights (and to help bolster their system).

Doubt it happens but crazier deals have been made in the NHL.

Baertschi-Shipachyov-Boeser

Burmistrov-Horvat-Vanek

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett

Trade Gagner for Shipachyov? Higher cap hit but it doesn't matter to us this season and the next as no one is due for a significant raise and with the Sedins salary coming off. They get an NHL player with lower cap hit for a player getting NHL salary to play in the AHL.

I think it's worth a try since Gagner isn't really making this team better.

39 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Remember just a few years back when Alex Semin was cut loose and so many here were losing their minds to give him a shot?

I don't recall that one but I don't doubt it. This is a forum full of Eklunds when it comes to potentially available players. 

E5 E5 E5!!!!!

59 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Remember just a few years back when Alex Semin was cut loose and so many here were losing their minds to give him a shot?

I just looked through that thread (6 pages worth). Most people were commenting on his effort level and slow skating. Very, very few wanted to pick him up. And those that said it was worth it, were doing so only because he was cheap, so it was a low risk.

It’s not often that a thread gets it right. But every once in a while, miracles happen.

22 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Honestly, if there's a world where an Eriksson for Shipachyov deal can be made, I say the Canucks have to make it.

Eriksson would probably thrive in a scorers role in Gallant's system. Canucks get out from under the Eriksson deal. And Shipachyov gets the "fresh" start he wants. Canucks can slot Shipachyov on the wing with the Sedins potentially or where Eriksson was and move him to centre when an injury occurs.

Canucks could probably throw in a draft pick in 2020 + a c prospect or 2 (Stukel, Candella, or Brassard) to sweeten the deal for the Golden Knights (and to help bolster their system).

Doubt it happens but crazier deals have been made in the NHL.

LV would let Shipachyov rot in the minors before they'd trade him for LE. Sad but true. 

23 minutes ago, khay said:

Baertschi-Shipachyov-Boeser

Burmistrov-Horvat-Vanek

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett

Trade Gagner for Shipachyov? Higher cap hit but it doesn't matter to us this season and the next as no one is due for a significant raise and with the Sedins salary coming off. They get an NHL player with lower cap hit for a player getting NHL salary to play in the AHL.

I think it's worth a try since Gagner isn't really making this team better.

He can't crack Vegas' lineup yet you slot him in as our 1C? 

Let's give Gagner some time to get things going. The season isn't even 3 weeks old! 

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

He can't crack Vegas' lineup yet you slot him in as our 1C? 

Let's give Gagner some time to get things going. The season isn't even 3 weeks old! 

I don't disagree with you and in fact, what you say is definitely much more reasonable than what I'm suggesting. But from our stand point, Gagner is sort of redundant so it's worth the risk I think (although I do agree that we should give him longer look).

If Shipachyov works out, then we get two scoring lines for two season, at which point Pettersson steps in. If he doesn't work out, it sucks but worst case is he just takes up the cap space, which we don't have much use for anyways for the next two years until Boeser's contract is up... well, unless we are going after Tavares, then yes, we need all the space we can get (slim chance that Tavares comes here though).

The guy has been getting on average 10 minutes of ice time per game and they expected him to light it up and shine? KHL is different than the NHL and players need time to adjust. Heck, Tryamkin needed weeks to adjust to North American ice and playing style and he turned out spectacular. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why the heck not?  Gagner is small, slow, soft, and scared.  Sounds like their guy is pretty similar, and on the same dollar.

you sound an awful lot like Tony Gallagher here, except you added a fourth s.  you get the shootout extra point for one-upping TG.

Vadim Shipachyov given permission to seek trade

I like how they went out of their way to lure this guy out of his home country and then when he gets here, they tie him down and poop on his chest.... 
"gave" him permission?  wtf is that? Talk about self-entitlement.
No. The guy said "hey you__holes told me one thing, dragged me half way across the planet, and then did another, so I'm out. cya"

that's how it went down. Sorry Bettman. (not sorry) 

Archived