The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

The Edmonton Oilers are in need of scoring, particularly from the right side, and appear to be open to moving forward Ryan Strome.

The team traded Jordan Eberle to the New York Islanders in June for Strome and is said to be disappointed with the deal, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.

“I think they’re not married to even keeping Strome,” Kypreos said during Saturday’s Headlines segment on Hockey Night in Canada. “If they could move him, I think they probably would. The question is, would he bring anything of significance in return?”

Strome, who was selected fifth overall by the Islanders in the 2011 NHL Draft, has struggled for most of his five seasons in the league. The 24-year-old entered Saturday with 126 points in 258 career games, including one goal and three points in nine contests this season.

Meanwhile, Eberle has two goals and seven assists in 11 games this season.

The Oilers entered Saturday second to last in the NHL with 20 goals.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/oilers-looking-scoring-wing/

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

45 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Which team has an abundance of scoring and a need for Ryan Strome? Don't see that yielding too much without upping the ante.

They'll have to move Poolparty+ if they want a scoring winger, "further along in his development"

Gotta get in on some Edmonton trades they are waisting all their bad years on bad trades. Hall, Eberle, Mid teens pick Barzal out and Larssen, Strome and Reinhart in. Rushed and buried yak and nuge hindering and probably destroying those picks. Only reason they’re afloat is because the hockey gods gifted them McDavid. Poorly runned franchise. The Canucks are winning so I don’t see a scoring winger from us going to them but man it would be nice to try and pry poolparty.

They should try and bring up Jesse Puljujärvi instead of trading for a guy. Puljujarvi was consider an elite prospect and not too far behind Laine. Sure he wasn't playing well last year at the NHL, and his start to the AHL this season hasn't been phenomenol statistically (only 2A in 6 GP). But this will be a guy that they will need to get going in the future. Why not just bring him up, stick him on a line with McDavid, and see if this ship sails. And I would send Yamamotto back to juniors. This kid is got skill, but he isn't physically ready for the NHL (not a full 82 game schedule), let him build on his confidence in the juniors and polish his skills in the juniors.

Archived