The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

The had better figure something out.  The Lucic/McDavid/Draisaitl contracts mean they will start losing depth really fast to keep under the cap.  Maybe a couple years before they start having to ship major pieces out (a la Chicago), if they miss that window it could be tough sledding.

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

Ummm isn't that the business and job of the GM to address needs and make the team better?

They went from having an abundance of scoring talent and no defence/goaltending to be seen to a team with a tough time scoring and a half decent defensive core. Sad days are coming to Edmonton if they don't find a way out of this.... Maybe this is karma for winning the draft lottery so many times when they just shouldn't have been allowed to?

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

To be honest, I never had a high opinion of Strome.

Yes, he played WJC and that's where I saw that the guy was a total puckhog, making players like Virtanen look absolutely useless. Virtanen took a lot of heat for that tournament, which isn't exactly fair considering the guy he was on the same line with wasn't passing.

wasnt that dylan strome that played with him?

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

Poty candidate right 'ere.

wow.

I don't get it. Why did they regress? That team was lethal last year, seemingly on the cusp of a deep run. Now they look old and slow. Is this a character building skid? Or was last season a fluke?

Looking at other young team leaders that have had success, they always had a grey beard to guide them. Honestly the Oilers may need get a Vet. Lucic doesn't seem to be that guy. 

Who are some 32+ yr old warriors? Iginla?

54 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

I don't get it. Why did they regress? That team was lethal last year, seemingly on the cusp of a deep run. Now they look old and slow. Is this a character building skid? Or was last season a fluke?

Looking at other young team leaders that have had success, they always had a grey beard to guide them. Honestly the Oilers may need get a Vet. Lucic doesn't seem to be that guy. 

They forgot, you need to show up and play the games. 

Funny thing is Strome is a .5 PPG player good for a middle 6 guy and is only 24.

He's going to go for literal peanuts and we'll laugh knowing that the Oilers coughed up huge for a failed Reinhardt and a failed strome but will probably kick themselves for giving up on Srome in the future too

36 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Hype induced complacency leading to a default to their natural state. The culture of losing has evolved into the DNA of that team. Its a foundational mindset. It's not easy to change out a foundation. Once they lost the momentum of success, they got bogged down by the natural forces that maintain order. 

We can only hope that their savior can keep them hovering off the bottom. Or else, they'll continue to drain the league of its future talent.

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Funny thing is Strome is a .5 PPG player good for a middle 6 guy and is only 24.

He's going to go for literal peanuts and we'll laugh knowing that the Oilers coughed up huge for a failed Reinhardt and a failed strome but will probably kick themselves for giving up on Srome in the future too

Say what you want about Garth Snow but I bet he's absolutely thrilled whenever Edmonton gives him a call.

Archived