The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

9 hours ago, Provost said:

The had better figure something out.  The Lucic/McDavid/Draisaitl contracts mean they will start losing depth really fast to keep under the cap.  Maybe a couple years before they start having to ship major pieces out (a la Chicago), if they miss that window it could be tough sledding.

Those three are nowhere near the leadership group that Toews, Kane, and Keith are, that's the difference. Connor isn't going to be able to do this on his own. That team lacks goaltending and defence.

Once teams figured out the sedinery in 2012/2013, the sedins lost quite a bit of effectiveness (Don't get me wrong, they are still very good, just not elite like they were). It doesn't take long for teams to figure out opposing team's strengths and weaknesses. They probably spend just as much time studying video as they do on the ice practicing these days. The Nucks were very balanced in 2010/2011, far more balanced than the oilers today. I think teams have them figured out now, and their weaknesses are very exposed, plus they are not balanced enough to compensate. My two cents. 

9 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Those three are nowhere near the leadership group that Toews, Kane, and Keith are, that's the difference. Connor isn't going to be able to do this on his own. That team lacks goaltending and defence.

And a responsibly minded 200 foot centre playing top two minutes. 

13 hours ago, luckylager said:

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

8 hours ago, JV77 said:

Ummm isn't that the business and job of the GM to address needs and make the team better?

RQXQ_f-maxage-0.gif

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With McDavid as their centre?  :lol:

Do the Oilers play McDavid, RNH, and Strome at centre?  That’s an extremely soft team down the middle.

LD was "supposed" to be leading the 2nd line! thats what the yap was with the big signing. 

Loui would let that happen. They don't need to keep loading up their 1st line they need 2 lines that are a threat. 

12 minutes ago, Green Building said:

That would be nice for Loui, let's make it happen. I'm sure they can fit him into their salary cap, right? :P

Edmonton has 8.6 mil open in cap space right now, and 13 next season even with all the big contracts. 

RNH for Loui and our 2018 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

LD was "supposed" to be leading the 2nd line! thats what the yap was with the big signing. 

Loui would let that happen. They don't need to keep loading up their 1st line they need 2 lines that are a threat. 

They don't need to load up with a 6 million dollar winger who scored 11 goals last year either, but if that's who they want they can have him.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

They don't need to load up with a 6 million dollar winger who scored 11 goals last year either, but if that's who they want they can have him.

shhhhh.... 

kidding. You have to look at Loui's entire career, he's not the complete bust that CDC thinks he is. 

Just now, Green Building said:

Gotcha.

a Nugent-Hopkins - LE swap does have some logic to it though. Both could use a change, and RNH isn't going to live up to his draft position. LE gives LD at a minimum a much better defensive partner and there is potential for a very good 2nd line there imo. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

a Nugent-Hopkins - LE swap does have some logic to it though. Both could use a change, and RNH isn't going to live up to his draft position. LE gives LD at a minimum a much better defensive partner and there is potential for a very good 2nd line there imo. 

I'm not seeing it. I'm just not that interested in Nuge, and I don't see Edmonton falling for it. Plus, I want to retain or increase our picks for the next draft.

Loui is just the medicine that's going to help the illness plaguing the Soilers. Hell, the Canucks could even do a straight Loui for Milan swap. Lucic's playing style would work well with Green's system. Or maybe just trade Loui for picks and a case of Wildcat. 

Archived