The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Domingue, G.Reinhart

Visp

24 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

my bad. that's twice in 2 days I've been smoked by that guy. 

Curious as to why LV would do that. Send him down for conditioning... which makes him ineligible, and then expose him? Unless he refused to report.. but i don't see anything about that

Maybe his agent believes it's best to put him on waivers and the Knights obliged.

He hasn't played since the start of the season and they probably don't think he will make their lineup after his conditioning stint.  Probably better for him to have a place to play and keep himself in game shape than to end up in the same situation as Corrado with the Leafs.

48 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I agree.  It's kind of bizarre.  What changed from the other day that now they are willing to part with him instead of letting him play out the conditioning assignment?

Lots of bizarre going on in Vegas.

Shipachyov gets brought over from Russia, moves his whole family to Las Vegas. Barely gets a sniff as a top forward, then gets sent to the AHL in Chicago - which is now 1,800 miles away from his family... and gets suspended by the team for not showing up. Yet when I read up on it, he didn't skip a game, he got on a plane back to LV after practice in Chicago to be with his family as the AHL only plays weekend games..... something bizarre going on, indeed

6’4” 212lbs, 23 year old, 4OA ‘12 defenseman?

This is a Benning player 100%. This is a free 4th overall. Can’t go wrong with that. If he doesn’t pan out, he’s out it cost the franchise nothing.

Defensemen usually develop much later.

I say put a claim on him for sure.

Is he on a two-way contract? If yes then put him in Utica and let him get his confidence back.

Since I’m a big Islanders fan, I’ve followed Reinhart since he was drafted, which was a terrible pick at the time.

The story with Reinhart has always been his skating, which was always believed to be below average. Pair that with his work ethic, and the Islanders knew early on that they needed to part ways with him as soon as they could. Luckily for them, the Oilers came a calling and didn’t do their homework.

Long story short, pass.

4 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Wow, what a fleecing Peter Chiarelli got from Garth Snow with that deal. Griffin Reinhart for basically Mathew Barzal and Anthony Beauvillie (Snow traded from the number 33 position they had also received in this deal by adding a 3rd rounder to move up to number 28). Barzal 6 points in 11 games, Beauvillier 4 points in 8 games so far this season for a guy who is now on waivers.

How the heck did Chiarelli ever manage to build the 2011 Stanley Cup team (composed mostly of players acquired, not drafted, by them). He must have had good advice there by people who can evaluate talent well. Like a certain assistant gm we are now very thankful of having in our rebuild.

Yeah, suck it Oilers. Chiarelli looks good on you.

Exactly this.

4 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Wow, what a fleecing Peter Chiarelli got from Garth Snow with that deal. Griffin Reinhart for basically Mathew Barzal and Anthony Beauvillie (Snow traded from the number 33 position they had also received in this deal by adding a 3rd rounder to move up to number 28). Barzal 6 points in 11 games, Beauvillier 4 points in 8 games so far this season for a guy who is now on waivers.

How the heck did Chiarelli ever manage to build the 2011 Stanley Cup team (composed mostly of players acquired, not drafted, by them). He must have had good advice there by people who can evaluate talent well. Like a certain assistant gm we are now very thankful of having in our rebuild.

Yeah, suck it Oilers. Chiarelli looks good on you.

Too early for such an arrogant post.

52 minutes ago, Me_ said:

6’4” 212lbs, 23 year old, 4OA ‘12 defenseman?

This is a Benning player 100%. This is a free 4th overall. Can’t go wrong with that. If he doesn’t pan out, he’s out it cost the franchise nothing.

Defensemen usually develop much later.

I say put a claim on him for sure.

But he's not really a Green player.  

When commenting on the Pouliot trade, Green said that for him, even if a D is 6'5 and mean he has to be able to move the puck and make plays with the puck.  He is implementing a system where the Ds are asked to join the rush and be an integral part of the attack.  Reinhart is a defensive D and doesn't exactly bring the mobility and puck skills that Green is looking for.

Benning seems to agree with Green - he keeps on referencing Nashville's Ds and how the game is changing.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Since I’m a big Islanders fan, I’ve followed Reinhart since he was drafted, which was a terrible pick at the time.

The story with Reinhart has always been his skating, which was always believed to be below average. Pair that with his work ethic, and the Islanders knew early on that they needed to part ways with him as soon as they could. Luckily for them, the Oilers came a calling and didn’t do their homework.

Long story short, pass.

Gotta hurt more that Morgan Reilly was picked right after Reinhart. 

9 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Gotta hurt more that Morgan Reilly was picked right after Reinhart. 

Yes and no. They managed to turn it into Barzal, and they were already stacked with defensive prospects, so no harm no foul.

Unless you’re Edmonton.

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If claimed..doesn't he have to stay on the 23 man roster for the season?

no.

he simply can't be assigned to Utica without re-exposing the player - but there is no commitment to the player for the season.

they could turn around and waive him the next day if they wanted.

Archived