The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] 3-Way Deal Between NSH, OTT, COL Falls Apart

BI3KSALLENT

1 hour ago, billabong said:

I bet joe at the last minute asked for more and the other gm’s threw up their hands and hung up 

that guy has to be the dumbest GM in the history of hockey 
(Milbury notwithstanding) 

seriously. his team has sucked balls for way longer than we have and the one sure fire blue chip player he's willing to trade is going to now be turning 27 which is entering the declining years for a forward.

He's entering his 4th year as GM and he's lead them to last place finishes every year. Wonder why?

^%$# idiot 

Turris is in the last year of his deal so he can sign an extension today.  Nashville was probably not parting with picks and prospects without him committing to them longer term.  Maybe that's where things broke down.

Earlier this month Ferraro said that Turris is looking for a long term deal.  Said he's not good at guessing but thinks he's going to be asking around 50M.  He think it's at least 6.5M per year and with term. 

9 hours ago, darkpoet said:

that guy has to be the dumbest GM in the history of hockey 
(Milbury notwithstanding) 

seriously. his team has sucked balls for way longer than we have and the one sure fire blue chip player he's willing to trade is going to now be turning 27 which is entering the declining years for a forward.

He's entering his 4th year as GM and he's lead them to last place finishes every year. Wonder why?

^%$# idiot 

in curious how much longer he has left.  ya hes a legend in colorado but clearly he lacks the ability to make a deal.  he only wants to win them.

which means hes never going make col any better via trades. trader jim makes deals and a lot of them.  yes there lower assets but there certainly not bad by any means.

baer, grannny, pouliot all are looking good. guddy and Sutter serve a purpose.  he makes deals and isn't afraid to pay a mid to late pick as a tip for doing business.

5 hours ago, mll said:

Turris is in the last year of his deal so he can sign an extension today.  Nashville was probably not parting with picks and prospects without him committing to them longer term.  Maybe that's where things broke down.

Earlier this month Ferraro said that Turris is looking for a long term deal.  Said he's not good at guessing but thinks he's going to be asking around 50M.  He think it's at least 6.5M per year and with term. 

i would love him in Vancouver.   but Pettersson is our man. unless we part with horvat or gaudette or switch Pettersson or turris to the wing.  

Pettersson is doing well on the wing in sweden. his play making and hockey is what makes him so intruiging at C.

Something something something three way...dammit I knew someone beat me to it.

Sakic is doing in Colorado what a lot of people were worried Linden would do in Vancouver.  Local hero, Hockey god to the fans but bad management that sunk his team.

Except where as Sakic is sinking his team, Linden has quietly gone about building the most exciting group of kids the fans have ever seen.

I guess Sakic can always have his three way with his 2 rings.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Something something something three way...dammit I knew someone beat me to it.

Sakic is doing in Colorado what a lot of people were worried Linden would do in Vancouver.  Local hero, Hockey god to the fans but bad management that sunk his team.

Except where as Sakic is sinking his team, Linden has quietly gone about building the most exciting group of kids the fans have ever seen.

I guess Sakic can always have his three way with his 2 rings.

LOL, I bet his ding a ling would fit too.

But seriously, Sakic has been an utter disaster for the avs. You would think he would learn how things work by now. Is anyone holding him accountable?

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Love Turris. Surprised Ottawa cannot craft a deal. Long term deals that present moving the player has to have many clubs leery. I see more deals that leave more movement available in the back half of the contract.

Melnyk's budget won't allow for it. 

Ottawa should keep Turris.  He’s a much harder to play against centre than Duchene.  He is not as flashy, but he helps his team win, even when not putting up points.  Maybe these flashy centres, who were only play one side of the puck -like Duchene - unless they are putting up 80 plus points, are actually hurting their teams?  

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Love Turris. Surprised Ottawa cannot craft a deal. Long term deals that present moving the player has to have many clubs leery. I see more deals that leave more movement available in the back half of the contract.

maybe a guddy + deal for turris is in the cards. Maybe he would take a hometown discount in ottawa and turris in van.  

Archived