The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Thatcher Demko

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Thatcher Demko from the Utica Comets.

Demko, 21, has appeared in seven games for the Comets this season, posting a record of 4-2-0. His 1.85 GAA and .939 save percentage rank fourth and 2nd in the League, respectively (minimum of five games played). The 6-4, 204-pound native of San Diego, California made his professional debut last season, posting a record of 22-17-4, .907 save percentage and 2.68 GAA with the Comets, which also included a six-game winning streak in the month of March.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-thatcher-demko/c-292609206

10 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Damn good numbers for Demko, I wonder if that makes one the dudes up here available for trades?

Id wait for this year and see how both perform. Looks like they both have the capability of being starters but Im leading towards Nilsson as the better goalie. If Demko keeps up his play he will almost certainly be on our roster next year. Hoping both our goalies have a real gud year and that we can trade Markstrom as a cheap #1 goalie in the offseason.

10 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id wait for this year and see how both perform. Looks like they both have the capability of being starters but Im leading towards Nilsson as the better goalie. If Demko keeps up his play he will almost certainly be on our roster next year. Hoping both our goalies have a real gud year and that we can trade Markstrom as a cheap #1 goalie in the offseason.

I really believe the TDL is when values are inflated especially if the Canucks can take back salary making more teams in the hunt for a player. For the most part goalies are plug and play.

Demko should be on the team next year but with the CBA expiring in 2019 they may choose not to burn a year of his contract

29 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I really believe the TDL is when values are inflated especially if the Canucks can take back salary making more teams in the hunt for a player. For the most part goalies are plug and play.

Demko should be on the team next year but with the CBA expiring in 2019 they may choose not to burn a year of his contract

His contract loses a year no matter where he is playing. He’s not a player playing in junior.

Just now, zzbottom said:

He is better than Markstrom. I hope he starts and does what Schneider was supposed to. 

Agreed.  If Demko plays, and proves himself awesome - as you say - then we could trade Markstrom or Nillsen.  Looks like the Coyotes badly need a goalie.

Just now, Rush17 said:

wonder if demko might get some spot mopping if markstrom falls apart.  :) be nice to see him save the day. imagine first nhl action vs sid the old man kid. 

^^ quite an introduction 

im terrible for wishing ill will on Markstrom lol.  i just selfishly want to see Demko.  if hes backing up tonight I'm going to have to tune in.  

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  If Demko plays, and proves himself awesome - as you say - then we could trade Markstrom or Nillsen.  Looks like the Coyotes badly need a goalie.

vegas as well, read they are going to tie a record for most goalies used by an expansion team. they have some guy from the WHL on emergency call up right now, his save% in the dub is like .878. they need help badly.

38 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

vegas as well, read they are going to tie a record for most goalies used by an expansion team. they have some guy from the WHL on emergency call up right now, his save% in the dub is like .878. they need help badly.

Let them suffer

Bettman gifted them so hard to get going, it's the hockey Gods saying "yeah, I don't think so, mang..... #flick" 

Archived