The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (05-11) 2017

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

2-0 detroit so far in the first against the coilers

3-0 for the Wings now.  Love seeing the Alberta teams (and the Leafs) lose.  :lol:

if the losing continues in Oilerville, what’s going to happen?  Trade? Fire coach (again)?  Do they need better dmen?  A better goalie?  A defensive winger/ Center?

22 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

It warms my heart to see Edmonton struggle. 

Can you imagine if WE had Mcdavid and had Edmontons record this year. 

And next year his Cap kicks in, making it even harder for the Oilers to fill their roster.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And next year his Cap kicks in, making it even harder for the Oilers to fill their roster.  :lol:

Over $60m committed to 13 players leaving them $14m to spend on the remaining 10 players.  That is going to be a seriously imbalanced team.

1 minute ago, danaimo said:

Over $60m committed to 13 players leaving them $14m to spend on the remaining 10 players.  That is going to be a seriously imbalanced team.

McDavid only played 14 minutes in their loss today.  Even Lucic played more!  The Oilers ruined their team years back giving Eberle, Hall, and RNH those big money contracts too soon.  Did they just repeat history with the McDavid and Draisatl contracts?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

McDavid only played 14 minutes in their loss today.  Even Lucic played more!  The Oilers ruined their team years back giving Eberle, Hall, and RNH those big money contracts too soon.  Did they just repeat history with the McDavid and Draisatl contracts?  

Honestly, no I don't think so.  McDavid and Draisatl are much better players than Eberle, Hall or RNH.  I think McJesus and Draisatl are not the problem.  It's giving big contracts to Lucic, Sekera and Russell that is going to bite them hard.  They have 4 Dmen earning over $4m, the Canucks only have 2 earning more than $4m.  Are their Dmen really THAT much better?

14 mins for the wonderboy eh. Be interesting to see how he responds to that.  By bet is that he whines and throws his teddy bear out of the crib. 

57 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

It warms my heart to see Edmonton struggle. 

Can you imagine if WE had Mcdavid and had Edmontons record this year. 

Same, but it makes me sick to my stomach to think if the Coilers continue to tank this year, they might have a shot at Rasmus Dahlin. :sick:

4 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Same, but it makes me sick to my stomach to think if the Coilers continue to tank this year, they might have a shot at Rasmus Dahlin. :sick:

So they would end up paying three players 30 million?  Their Cap is all out of whack.  

Just now, pluralsight said:

Eventually, but 3 years of Dahlin on an entry level contract might be enough to get the Coilers another cup unfortunately. 

The Oilers best chance to make a run for the Cup will be this year. When the McDavid contract kicks after this season, they will have to sign a bunch of AHL players on NHL minimum contracts to get under the salary cap.  Its this year or never.  Which makes their terrible start even funnier. 

Archived