The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (05-11) 2017

How unusual that Ottawa and Colorado play a home-and-home series in two days. Both clubs are two time zones away from one another. In all the years I followed hockey, I can't recall the last time this happened. Two clubs from two time zones apart playing on back-to-back days/nights. And I'm not talking about Vancouver(PT) - Calgary/Edmonton(MT) or Chicago(CT) - Detroit/Toronto(ET). 

Ironically, Matt Duchene got traded from the Avs to the Sens this week.

7 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

How unusual that Ottawa and Colorado play a home-and-home series in two days. Both clubs are two time zones away from one another. In all the years I followed hockey, I can't recall the last time this happened. Two clubs from two time zones apart playing on back-to-back days/nights. And I'm not talking about Vancouver(PT) - Calgary/Edmonton(MT) or Chicago(CT) - Detroit/Toronto(ET). 

Ironically, Matt Duchene got traded from the Avs to the Sens this week.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Anyone watching the Senators-Avalanche game (2017 NHL Global Series) from Sweden? Nice little moment during the ceremonial puck drop with Daniel Alfredsson and two Swedish captains, Gabriel Landeskog and Erik Karlsson.

19 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

Mark Jankowski scores his first NHL goal.

Jaromir Jagr scores his first as a Flame.

DOPvk5NV4AU2BjZ.jpg

I really hate the Flames, but must admit that’s a great picture.  So cool seeing that young guy next to (likely) one of his hero’s.  Is there any fan who doesn’t love Jagr?  Even in a Flames uniform (YUK!) I still route for him.  Kind of makes me want to :sick:, but I can’t help liking Jagr.  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I really hate the Flames, but must admit that’s a great picture.  So cool seeing that young guy next to (likely) one of his hero’s.  Is there any fan who doesn’t love Jagr?  Even in a Flames uniform (YUK!) I still route for him.  Kind of makes me want to :sick:, but I can’t help liking Jagr.  

Jagr assisting on Janowski's first ever NHL goal just made it all the more memorable for the kid.

Trivia: Jaromir Jagr had already scored 125 NHL goals by the time Jankowski was born (09/13/1994).

Archived