Canucks Community
-Vintage Canuck-

[3-Way Trade] Senators acquire Matt Duchene; Predators acquire Kyle Turris; Avalanche acquire Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers, Samuel Girard, Vladislav Kamenev, 1st-round pick (OTT), 2nd-round pick (NSH), 3rd-round pick (OTT)

15 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I think you are wondering what I am, and that's when they have to choose to defer. If they can wait until the draft lottery, they might be okay if they drop down 3 spots to 5th. Of course, they will probably defer anyway because they should have a better year with a healthy Karlsson.

Very last minute - apparently they can decide right up to when the pick has to be made at the draft.

• Thanks 1

Damn look at this trade now.... With all the OTT drama, I'd give up this year 4th overall to COL. Watch their pick win the lottery next year and COL gets Jack Hughes... 

14 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Damn look at this trade now.... With all the OTT drama, I'd give up this year 4th overall to COL. Watch their pick win the lottery next year and COL gets Jack Hughes... 

Colorado has got to be preying that Karlsson refuses to sign and the Sens are forced trade him for futures. If Ottawa is this bad now imagine them without EK.

This deal was a home run for the Avs. 

Doorknob should be fired...cant believe thr going to lose thr 2018 4th or 2019 1st(most likely top3)

Looking back now I didn't know anything about Samuel Girard. But seeing him play for Colorado, he looks like a real young stud dman.

This trade is embarrassing for Ottawa. Watch Duchene leave when his contract is up to make it sting even more.

2 hours ago, richado said:

Looking back now I didn't know anything about Samuel Girard. But seeing him play for Colorado, he looks like a real young stud dman.

This trade is embarrassing for Ottawa. Watch Duchene leave when his contract is up to make it sting even more.

Its getting even worse.... They honestly should give up #4 pick this year.... There gonna win draft lottery and COL will select Jack Hughes.... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Its getting even worse.... They honestly should give up #4 pick this year.... There gonna win draft lottery and COL will select Jack Hughes.... 

What a disaster. Makes the ribbing the Canucks have been getting the over the last 3 years or so look pretty gentle. 

24 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Watch if they gave up this years pick, got the #1 next year and dropped 3 spots like the Canucks usually do hahaha!  Wow wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake....

I still remember this trade going down.  I thought Sakic had pulled a houdini and somehow duped 2 teams, thought Nashville got a player they needed and had been wanting for a while, and Ottawa got the short end up maybe Duchene could grow into that player they needed to be competitive for a while in the East.  Well hell after this whole fiasco, Colorado and Nashville still came out well with Colorado winning by a large margin and Ottawa looking like a tire fire and unplayable dump.  Got Karlsson + Hoffman situation, got Alfredson saying they need a new owner, got Burrows liking tweets that the Sens should be sold.  If this is what we see whats it like behind closed doors with the players?  Are all ready to jump ship?

What would it take to snag that Ottawa 1st next year from Colorado?

11 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I must be out to lunch but can somebody fill me in on the Hoffman situation? What happened?

From what I could gather, Hoffman's wife is a terrible person and was cyberbullying the Karlsson family, in particular his wife, about the loss of their child. If this was true, there is a special place in hell for people like her. I don't blame Erik and his family for wanting out of that tire fire.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pears said:

What would it take to snag that Ottawa 1st next year from Colorado?

That will be a top 5 pick with Ottawa probably trading both Hoffman and Karlsson. Judging by our managements reluctancy to trading guys like Sutter and Tanev we’d never strike a deal even if one could be made.

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

That will be a top 5 pick with Ottawa probably trading both Hoffman and Karlsson. Judging by our managements reluctancy to trading guys like Sutter and Tanev we’d never strike a deal even if one could be made.

I agree I wish JB would of traded Tanev when he had more value. Maybe never got the offer he wanted. Only those that know, know. But thank goodness our GM didn't make a deal as bad as this Duchene one. Brutal. 

3 hours ago, shayster007 said:

From what I could gather, Hoffman's wife is a terrible person and was cyberbullying the Karlsson family, in particular his wife, about the loss of their child. If this was true, there is a special place in hell for people like her. I don't blame Erik and his family for wanting out of that tire fire.

CYBER... bullying...

changing cities won’t do a thing.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Me_ said:

CYBER... bullying...

changing cities won’t do a thing.

While I see what your saying, I disagree. When your husband is spending more time with the partner of that person who is harassing you, then yourself, it probably weighs mighty heavy on a person. While relocating the family may not necessarily cease all the behavior, I'm sure it will make the situation much more manageable. I'm sure the peace bond she is applying for and likely the following restraining order should take care of the rest.

Edited by shayster007
  • Upvote 1