The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Hero' police officer dead following shooting in Abbotsford

tbone909

On 11/7/2017 at 10:23 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

you know that won't happen, this is the Canadian legal system after all. The guy will be on the street in a few years

Yeah right.

He'll be out in months. Canada's justice system is laughed at across the globe; severely lacking in the man parts is our justice system.

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So my mum knew of him - nice guy she said. He was the liason at the school she worked at for five years and he would come in every now and then and chat it up with the office.

As the original shock and sadness passes, I’m getting a deep feeling of anger.  It’s really upsetting that a really good police officer (further supported by your mom’s experiences with him) is gone, and the piece of garbage who murdered him is getting three meals a day and the comfort of a warm bed.  The piece of S**T will even get a trial, and an attorney, and all safeguards of our judicial system. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As the original shock and sadness passes, I’m getting a deep feeling of anger.  It’s really upsetting that a really good police officer (further supported by your mom’s experiences with him) is gone, and the piece of garbage who murdered him is getting three meals a day and the comfort of a warm bed.  The piece of S**T will even get a trial, and an attorney, and all safeguards of our judicial system. 

yeah. The guy deserves what he gets. But I do feel bad about him losing his wife, that seems to have rocked him big time as his family has said. It seems like he didn't get the help he needed and was left to fend for himself, I dunno. That seems to be the case a lot in these scenarios, the individual doesn't get the help they need and they go right off the deep end eventually whether killing themselves or someone else.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf - i had the priviledge to meet John a few times.  He was simply an amazing man and positively affect so many youth in his community.

Such a loss.    He had a tremendous sense of humor and was so approachable  and genuine.   Kids that met him talk about him years and years after they got to know him.

He was an incredible man and had a huge affect on so many that got to meet him. 

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alf - i had the priviledge to meet John a few times.  He was simply an amazing man and positively affect so many youth in his community.

Such a loss.    He had a tremendous sense of humor and was so approachable  and genuine.   Kids that met him talk about him years and years after they got to know him.

He was an incredible man and had a huge affect on so many that got to meet him. 

There is a gofundme for the slain constable. I don't have the link but it's circulating on Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

I never met the man but many friends of mine knew him growing up and hearing from all of them what he meant to them and what he had done to help encourage them throughout the years and into the future its very saddening to see a man of his stature taking in such an awful way.  He seemed like the type of officer that every officer should be like from everything I have heard about him.

Apparently, he was the one who interviewed by brother when he applied for the police academy. Funny how you don't think you're connected and then all of a sudden you are in some way. Much respect to a great officer and great citizen.

Archived