The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A 7-yrs old? I think you mean, a 7 year old. Maybe write it with crayons next time...at least you'll have fun doing it.

That's the PB, we all know and love.

FYI, I'm not allowed to use crayons. They make a righteous of a mess.

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

6-7 is reasonable and fair of course. But he already made 6 on his last deal. I'm sure he will get a few ridiculous offers. 

FTR, I'd be willing to do $7m+ if the term's short enough.

4 years at $7- $7.5? 

5 year at $7+/-

6 years at $6.5+/-

I brought up the 7 mill for 8 years in GDT couple days ago, but I'd had a few pops during the game and forgot term can be max 7. Only your own players can be given 8 years. 

So 7 mill 7 years. Front load it, have the last two years at 5 mill then he could be traded if needed after 5 years. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

FTR, I'd be willing to do $7m+ if the term's short enough.

4 years at $7- $7.5? 

5 year at $7+/-

6 years at $6.5+/-

He hasn't scored more than 43 points in the last 5+ seasons. He looks like he'll top that this year but holy overpayment. If that's the kind of cash he wants then he can look elsewhere. We need to be careful with these guys that conveniently have breakout years leading up to free agency. 99% of the time they don't come close to those numbers again. I don't want any more long term $6M+ free agent signings, unless it's for Tavares of course.

11 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

He hasn't scored more than 43 points in the last 5+ seasons. He looks like he'll top that this year but holy overpayment. If that's the kind of cash he wants then he can look elsewhere. We need to be careful with these guys that conveniently have breakout years leading up to free agency. 99% of the time they don't come close to those numbers again. I don't want any more long term $6M+ free agent signings, unless it's for Tavares of course.

*4 years isn't 'long term' fwiw.

I hope you're preparing for disappointment :bigblush:

I have been apprehensive about this guy for a number of reasons.  I like his grit and toughness, something that the Canucks are sorely lacking in their top 6.

Imagine the next two year window if something like this happens

1. They sign Kane as a UFA with the freed up sedin cash.

2. Tryamkin comes back

3. Juolevi joins the team and plays in the top 4

4. Gaudette steps in as an effective third line centre

5. Pettersson and Dahlen join the team and look effective

6. They draft another blue chip D prospect in the next couple years

Suddenly things look really good.  Are all of the things above out of the question?  Perhaps getting Tryamkin back is far fetched. 

18 hours ago, Darius71 said:

I have been apprehensive about this guy for a number of reasons.  I like his grit and toughness, something that the Canucks are sorely lacking in their top 6.

2. Tryamkin comes back

Suddenly things look really good.  Are all of the things above out of the question?  Perhaps getting Tryamkin back is far fetched. 

Kane has all the wear marks of a player that needs to be closer to home for his dream to come true, I think if he does come home to Vancouver, we may possibly see the best hockey of his career. ... drafted as an 18 yr old and playing in Atlanta, then off to Winnipeg as a 20-21 year old, and then to Buffalo.. not really the most worldly cities in North America.

Trains hard with his Father in Vancouver every Summer,.  and has come back strong from 2 lengthy injuries, only to be stronger. 

Kane could offset the complexion of this club that finally has it skating with some swagger that we haven't seen since 2011.

Your "6 points" hold the promise behind the vision of management Im sure.

Heard recently that Big Nik may have said that his time in the KHL may be condensed.

man.. can that big man skate.

On 11/21/2017 at 9:50 AM, SilentSam said:

Kane has all the wear marks of a player that needs to be closer to home for his dream to come true, I think if he does come home to Vancouver, we may possibly see the best hockey of his career. ... drafted as an 18 yr old and playing in Atlanta, then off to Winnipeg as a 20-21 year old, and then to Buffalo.. not really the most worldly cities in North America.

Trains hard with his Father in Vancouver every Summer,.  and has come back strong from 2 lengthy injuries, only to be stronger. 

Kane could offset the complexion of this club that finally has it skating with some swagger that we haven't seen since 2011.

Your "6 points" hold the promise behind the vision of management Im sure.

Heard recently that Big Nik may have said that his time in the KHL may be condensed.

man.. can that big man skate.

I think it could definitely turn out like you've mentioned. Assuming he's matured up. 

Being in the spotlight at home, he'll get a lot more attention and his ego may get to him. I think ideally, we want a married Evander Kane on this team and hopefully a wife that ties him down so he doesn't go out partying multiple times a week. 

His personality is quite reckless. Which translates pretty well on the ice... which is what we'll need him to excel at.

9 hours ago, apollo said:

I think it could definitely turn out like you've mentioned. Assuming he's matured up. 

Being in the spotlight at home, he'll get a lot more attention and his ego may get to him. I think ideally, we want a married Evander Kane on this team and hopefully a wife that ties him down so he doesn't go out partying multiple times a week. 

His personality is quite reckless. Which translates pretty well on the ice... which is what we'll need him to excel at.

i’m not convinced that Kane would do well if he comes home. but if he’s willing to take a hometown discount. i wouldn’t rule it out completely. 

On 20/11/2017 at 3:35 PM, Darius71 said:

2. Tryamkin comes back

i like your thinking. but what are we gonna do with all the lefties on wing.

baer

goldie (he likes right)

dahlin

gadjo

guess it ant all bad.  is virtanen gonna be a top 9 rw'er like hansen was for years?  im excited to see goldie back up. hope he tears it up!

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

baer

goldie (he likes right)

dahlin

gadjo

guess it ant all bad.  is virtanen gonna be a top 9 rw'er like hansen was for years?  im excited to see goldie back up. hope he tears it up!

We're going to have to move at least one of those bodies (that's assuming they all actually work out). There's only so much room for smaller, skilled, play making W'ers in the top 6.

Baer, Goldobin and Dahlen all represent somewhat redundant skill sets. Again, assuming they all make it, I'd think Baer eventually gets moved in favour of a younger, cheaper alternative. But they'll have to earn that spot over him.

Kane represents a skill set utterly lacking from our top 6 or prospect pool. 

As someone who watches Kane on the Sabres, the Canucks shouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

1) He's a selfish player, and constantly kills plays by just shooting the puck instead of setting up the play, even when there's no chance for a goal.

2) He's shown to be a problem off the ice in the past, and with a young team, that can definitely be an issue. You don't want Kane being a veteran in the locker room yet.

3) He is insanely undisciplined.  Takes the most hilariously bad penalties at the worst times of the game, consistently costing his team.

4) He's going to be insanely overpriced. He'll get 7+ million on the market. He's not worth it. You don't want Eriksson and Kane taking up 13 mil+ when you have young guys looking for big contracts in the next few years.

41 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

As someone who watches Kane on the Sabres, the Canucks shouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

1) He's a selfish player, and constantly kills plays by just shooting the puck instead of setting up the play, even when there's no chance for a goal.

2) He's shown to be a problem off the ice in the past, and with a young team, that can definitely be an issue. You don't want Kane being a veteran in the locker room yet.

3) He is insanely undisciplined.  Takes the most hilariously bad penalties at the worst times of the game, consistently costing his team.

4) He's going to be insanely overpriced. He'll get 7+ million on the market. He's not worth it. You don't want Eriksson and Kane taking up 13 mil+ when you have young guys looking for big contracts in the next few years.

As too, there is some notion that if Kane signs with us, he'll be a distraction (off the ice) to himself, which would hinder his play on the ice. I mean, why do you think you rarely see a Vancouver born, high end player sign with the Canucks? Pressure and distractions off the ice are always their reasoning. 

On 11/28/2017 at 12:25 PM, Rush17 said:

baer

goldie (he likes right)

dahlin

gadjo

doesn't jake like to play on his off side? 

Archived