The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Does LAK have the cap space to re-sign him next year? Especially with Doughty expiring soon? 

<<<Not worried. 

And if he signs somewhere else...oh well, we missed out. Onward and upward. 

well..... they have 8.1 mil in cap space right now with 7 minor players to sign.... if the cap goes up by say 5 mil then yup they could do it. 

I wonder if the market for Kane won't be as big as some people think... Tampa doesn't need him.... nor TO.... bubble teams may not want to lose the assets... 

On 2017-12-08 at 12:10 PM, Canucks Curse said:

I’d love Kane on this team

kinda heavy winger we lack

what we hoped Virtanen would be like and what we hope Gadjovich could approach 

lots of dead cap tied up in Erickson and Gagner but I am sure we will be in the mix for Kane unless buffalo trades him at TDL if they are out of the race and he signs an extension with his new team 

begas mightctry to pick hom up at TDL

I was thinking this same situation earlier this week,..   with rumour that the Cap will rise between 3 and 7 million per team, a lot of scenario's might be offered to Kane at UFA.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Does LAK have the cap space to re-sign him next year? Especially with Doughty expiring soon? 

<<<Not worried. 

And if he signs somewhere else...oh well, we missed out. Onward and upward. 

If the Cap rises 3 to 7 million, any one could shuffle their deck to acquire Kane.

11 hours ago, Borvat said:

I am certain that if Kane is interested in coming to Vancouver (and vice versa) this summer they have already talked, indirectly of course :-).  I also think a contending team will give up more than Vancouver can afford to so I think if Kane is coming to Vancouver it will be this summer as a UFA after a playoff run with a team not named the Sabres.  

I would weclome him, this team could use a little snarl.  If anyone can get him to tow the line I think it is Linden and Green.  

For sure, he would have high expectations coming home. Would be required to become a role model for the kids who would be looking up to him. Great role models in thr Sedins as welI . I would also welcome him, physical winger that can score. I think it could work out.

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I was thinking this same situation earlier this week,..   with rumour that the Cap will rise between 3 and 7 million per team, a lot of scenario's might be offered to Kane at UFA.

If the Cap rises 3 to 7 million, any one could shuffle their deck to acquire Kane.

Not if they're already near ceiling and have guys due raises. 

Botterill is in a tough spot.

Despite Kane's performance this year, his market value is mitigated by more than simply the past 30 games - he has the reputation and locker room questions as well as UFA status.

And with an expiring asset that most people probably expect to move on from Buffalo, Botterill's leverage is limited.  He does have the option however of enabling teams to speak with Kane/agent, and if an extension can be worked out as part of a deal, Botterill might be able to maximize his return that way.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be opposed to spending reasonable to lower end market value on Kane - ie a deal with a Baertschi or Hutton as the principle.  Can Buffalo do better?  Maybe, and that might depend on the result of those talks that Botterill could enable with Kane and his agent, if there is overlap between the teams interested and those Kane/agent are willling to negotiate with.   But it's also possible that a good young asset like one of those two might actually be reasonable expectations for Buffalo under the circumstances, and they may have to opt for something like that if their options are limited by Kane's willingness to engage in those circumstances.   Benning worked a deal with Pittsburgh under similar circumstances, with Sutter subsequently re-upping here, so it is a possibility - and an option that Botterill is no doubt considering.   But despite the high end draft picks they've gotten, that team just hasn't handled assets well and really need a decent return on Kane.  I think they could do worse than a good young player with top 6 or top 4 potential/experience.

5 hours ago, darkpoet said:

Sign Kane and Lucic

Thug Life Represent on LW

#EastVanandDown

:towel:                                                            :ph34r:

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/evander-kane-delivers-pizzas-to-vancouvers-downtown-eastside

Lucic has a 6 year contract. 

Imagine.

Living in such mediocrity.

Lucic...

On 12/11/2017 at 12:40 PM, oldnews said:

Botterill is in a tough spot.

Despite Kane's performance this year, his market value is mitigated by more than simply the past 30 games - he has the reputation and locker room questions as well as UFA status.

And with an expiring asset that most people probably expect to move on from Buffalo, Botterill's leverage is limited.  He does have the option however of enabling teams to speak with Kane/agent, and if an extension can be worked out as part of a deal, Botterill might be able to maximize his return that way.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be opposed to spending reasonable to lower end market value on Kane - ie a deal with a Baertschi or Hutton as the principle.  Can Buffalo do better?  Maybe, and that might depend on the result of those talks that Botterill could enable with Kane and his agent, if there is overlap between the teams interested and those Kane/agent are willling to negotiate with.   But it's also possible that a good young asset like one of those two might actually be reasonable expectations for Buffalo under the circumstances, and they may have to opt for something like that if their options are limited by Kane's willingness to engage in those circumstances.   Benning worked a deal with Pittsburgh under similar circumstances, with Sutter subsequently re-upping here, so it is a possibility - and an option that Botterill is no doubt considering.   But despite the high end draft picks they've gotten, that team just hasn't handled assets well and really need a decent return on Kane.  I think they could do worse than a good young player with top 6 or top 4 potential/experience.

To be honest, if we did get Kane, he would have a lot of prove to me to be a better assets for us than Baer or Hutton, mostly with the locker room issues. (because the world totally revolves around me and he'd after to prove it exclusively to me, of course! :ph34r:)

If he was our ONLY option then fine. Trade for him. However, there has to be better we can do than take potentially expensive risks like this in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Im really warming up to signing this guy if the numbers work and he wants to be here. I think he would help Virtanan in his deveopment as well. Virt has a similar skill set but yet to put it together. We need some guys on the wing that push the play north south. 

18 hours ago, rekker said:

Im really warming up to signing this guy if the numbers work and he wants to be here. I think he would help Virtanan in his deveopment as well. Virt has a similar skill set but yet to put it together. We need some guys on the wing that push the play north south. 

as long as there is no ntc.  id be up for it. Erikssons contract is kind of a paper weight tho 

Kane does not have an No Trade clause, he will be moved to the highest bidder.

In terms of teams that are looking at him for a run at the cup, there aren't many who can afford to resign him next year, there's a high chance that he will be strictly a rental acquisition for someone.

I think Kane wants to pick his destination next year and will most likely go the free agency route.

If he wants to be here, I'm pretty sure that we will be making a pitch. If he doesn't then, it wasn't meant to be.

Gudbranson + Baerstchi for Kane + prospect.

he wants a roster player for kane.  adding Gudbranson and baer would get him a legit top 4 d man and a top 9 forward in baer.  I could see it happening. :)  

evander kane apparently has grown up over the summer.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/hamilton-how-much-do-past-transgressions-affect-kane-trade-value-1.978665

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Gudbranson + Baerstchi for Kane + prospect.

he wants a roster player for kane.  adding Gudbranson and baer would get him a legit top 4 d man and a top 9 forward in baer.  I could see it happening. :)  

evander kane apparently has grown up over the summer.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/hamilton-how-much-do-past-transgressions-affect-kane-trade-value-1.978665

keep in mind I believe this guy is a beat reporter for buffalo lol. :) obviously some bias. seems like an honest guy tho.  A Kane/Gudbranson swap would be great if we can ink him before the deal gets done.  Sounds like kane has grown has been a good guy in the room. answers questions after losses, and has been a good teammate.  

I'd take him if we made a deal around Gudbranson. :)  Need twins back if we do that tho.

Archived