The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

2 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/10/24/buffalo-sabres-rumors-evander-kane-canucks/

To sum up the article trade offer for Kane from the Canucks was:

To Vancouver:

E. Kane

To Buffalo:

B. Hutton

N. Goldobin

Honestly, by the way that Hutton has been playing on and off this year, I wouldn't mind trading him as we have OJ coming up next year or the year after.

I kinda want to hold onto Goldobin as I believe he could excel if given the opportunity.

Thoughts?

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo...........:frantic:

ABSA&^@#INGLUTELY NOOOO.....

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

He scored 30 once, 28 and then 20 are his next highest goals total. 57 points the year he scored 30, low 40's in points the other years.

He is big, can play physical and can score, but lacks consistency. I'd like to sign  as a "hometown" discount player but won't expect more then 25-30 goals per year for the remaineder of his career.

Yeah, the type of player he is would fit Green's uptempo system.

We do lack physicality and scoring up front.

If we did trade Hutton and Goldobin for him he'd pretty much take Goldobin's spot, if he were to even make it to the next level. The only concern then is that we lose a young defenseman. I wouldn't do that trade unless we were getting a young asset on top of Kane.

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

He scored 30 once, 28 and then 20 are his next highest goals total. 57 points the year he scored 30, low 40's in points the other years.

He is big, can play physical and can score, but lacks consistency. I'd like to sign  as a "hometown" discount player but won't expect more then 25-30 goals per year for the remainder of his career.

He's got 7 goals in 14 games YTD. Tracking to 40ish. Last year he would have had 30, save an early season injury.Had 28 in 70 games which is well over a 30 goal pace.

The difference is he is now playing with Eichel and getting prime time. His first year getting 30 he was 2knd line.  It suggests there is still more to give.  My own take is he partly became inconsistent due to life habits.  Which are resolving. And just as largely, or more so, because Buffalo started tanking and no longer had any decent playmakers.

I think a line of;

Kane - Petterson - Boeser

Looks very enticing!

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:
6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

He's got 7 goals in 14 games YTD. Tracking to 40ish. Last year he would have had 30, save an early season injury.Had 28 in 70 games which is well over a 30 goal pace.

The difference is he is now playing with Eichel and getting prime time. His first year getting 30 he was 2knd line.  It suggests there is still more to give.  My own take is he partly became inconsistent due to life habits.  Which are resolving. And just as largely, or more so, because Buffalo started tanking and no longer had any decent playmakers.

I think a line of;

Looks very enticing!

Yeah, the type of player he is would fit Green's uptempo system.

We do lack physicality and scoring up front.

If we did trade Hutton and Goldobin for him he'd pretty much take Goldobin's spot, if he were to even make it to the next level. The only concern then is that we lose a young defenseman. I wouldn't do that trade unless we were getting a young asset on top of Kane.

Hopefully there is no trade by the Canucks for him, but sign him in the off season as UFA, why lose assets in a trade?

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I think a line of;

Looks very enticing!

his pace this year is a bit deceptive. if you go by the pace he's scored at over the last 11 games (omitting the first 3 games of the season), he would finish with 26 goals and 25 assists. nothing to sneeze at, certainly, but not $6-7 mil per year numbers for a one dimensional winger who may or may not have personality issues. 

17 minutes ago, gurn said:

Hopefully there is no trade by the Canucks for him, but sign him in the off season as UFA, why lose assets in a trade?

We are going to lose some of these assets eventually IMO. It is what happens when you have depth.

There's always a chance he chooses to sign elsewhere too. The pro toward trading for him is that his mindset would feel like he's home and wants to stay opposed to exploring options because I can very well see good teams willing to spend for him. An example being Lucic.

Also, I feel like acquiring Kane would make Goldobin expendable. He'd pretty much eliminate any opportunity for Goldobin in the top 6, which is where he needs to play. On top of that, we have a bunch of young prospects behind him(Lind, Gadjovich, Dahlen, etc).

Again the only problem I would have losing a defenseman that's turning 25 in Hutton but like Goldobin he has a bunch of prospects behind him (Brisebois, Juolevi, Pouliot,etc.). 

And again I wouldn't trade that for Kane unless something else was coming back with Kane, a young asset.

You could go either way really though. Wait for FA or trade expendable assets for him. There's risk either way.

29 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah rather just wait till summer and if he’s not available oh well.

the only way he should be traded for is if eriksson or gagner  and thier salary is part of the package going back.

Why would Buffalo want Loui if they see him the way you do? :P

Matt Moulson has been a big disappointment in Buffalo.... maybe if we take him back in the deal Loui might be of interest to them. What say you @SabreFan1

3 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/10/24/buffalo-sabres-rumors-evander-kane-canucks/

To sum up the article trade offer for Kane from the Canucks was:

To Vancouver:

E. Kane

To Buffalo:

B. Hutton

N. Goldobin

Honestly, by the way that Hutton has been playing on and off this year, I wouldn't mind trading him as we have OJ coming up next year or the year after.

I kinda want to hold onto Goldobin as I believe he could excel if given the opportunity.

Thoughts?

This is fake news, you are wasting our time. Please try a more credible source than:

"Tony Rosati

Greetings from south of the border! By trade I am doctor of pharmacy; in my free time, I'm an avid sports fan. Born and bred in Buffalo, NY, I'm a tireless supporter of everything Buffalo sports. Along with the Sabres, Bills, and Bisons, I'm one of the Jays' biggest supporters in NY. I also support West Virginia University athletics, as a proud alumnus. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my wife, baby boy, friends, & family, playing poker & hockey, and going to sports events & concerts. Feel free to drop me a line on Twitter: @DocT_Rosats."

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

Kane is a cancer, we don't want him anywhere near the Canucks.

or he's an East Van kid who's grown up. If he's cleaned up his act (seems he has) he's the kind of top line LW we haven't had for a long time. He could be Bo's Greg Adams. 

Here's the thing about waiting.

It's unlikely that Kane is going to re-sign in Buffalo, Buffalo knows this, and so they will try to extract assets from a team in exchange for Kane now, and the first shot at re-signing him prior to July 1.

If the Canucks don't, then certainly someone else will. Kane is the kind of player the Canucks need badly in their T6. To give up a prospect and a replaceable defenceman (read: Pouliot has made Hutton expendable) in order to acquire Kane to me is a no brainer. I would even throw in a mid/late pick (3rd-5th) to get the deal done.

I think that if the Canucks show they are really keen on Kane, by willing to expend assets it would give Kane reason to consider re-upping prior to waiting to see what his options are on July 1. I'm not sure Kane makes it to UFA, and to lose out on acquiring exactly the kind of player we need because you don't want to give up replaceable assets is a little silly.

Personally theres only room for one of Dahlen or Goldobin, and between two I would put my bottom dollar on Dahlen making it give his familiarity with Pettersson.

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Wait until July 1st. Sign him for free.

This....  if he wants to play here lets get him for free July.  We don't need him this year. Lets all remember that expectations for this year are low.  Nice little start but don't think it's sustainable..

Kane would be a great addition. He would go head-to-head with Lucic (battle of the ex-Giants) for years whenever we played EDM, and most likely win those battles. Kane has never played an NHL playoff game yet either, and something tells me he would thrive off of that. What are the odds the Canucks sign him in the off-season? There will be many other team vying for that too. Pull out all the stops and trade Goldy and Hutton for him. Get him here.

Will Goldobin do enough to impress Green and make the team? If so, where will he fit and how long do they wait? The Canucks also have Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovich, Dahlen and maybe even Palmu coming up the ranks.

Kane - Horvat - Boeser

Baertschi - Pettersson - Virtanen

4 minutes ago, Stelar said:

This....  if he wants to play here lets get him for free July.  We don't need him this year. Lets all remember that expectations for this year are low.  Nice little start but don't think it's sustainable..

I mean I don't mind giving up a lesser asset to get him here for the rest of the year and have a leg up on re-signing him but I doubt we're willing to pay anything close to what BUF is hoping to get for him. It's simply not worth it when we can give up zero assets for him in July. 

As for the concern he may go to another team and re-sign with them, it's certainly a possibility but I think it's a pretty poorly kept secret that he'd like to sign in his home town and will at the very least explore that in free agency before committing anywhere else. 

It's also quite possible that if BUF does move him, it's to a contender with no cap space or intention to re-sign him. 

AKA, we wait until July. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Why would Buffalo want Loui if they see him the way you do? :P

Matt Moulson has been a big disappointment in Buffalo.... maybe if we take him back in the deal Loui might be of interest to them. What say you @SabreFan1

Trade one expensive waste of space (Moulson) and a point per game player (this season so far) (Kane) for friggin' Loui (I got paid so now I'm not going to play worth a sh*t) Eriksson?! 

Benning was dumb enough to sign Loui to a ridiculous high dollar long-term contract and unfortunately for the Canucks and they are stuck with him until 21-22.  The Sabres are only stuck with Moulson for the rest of this year and next, then he's gone and off of the books for good.

Archived