The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) - Canucks interested in Evander Kane... Again

Nessnuck27

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Trade one expensive waste of space (Moulson) and a point per game player (Kane) for friggin' Loui (I got paid so now I'm not going to play worth a sh*t) Eriksson?! 

Benning was dumb enough to sign Loui to a ridiculous high dollar long-term contract and unfortunately for the Canucks and they are stuck with him until 21-22.  The Sabres are only stuck with Moulson for the rest of this year and next, then he's gone and off of the books for good.

thats kind of what I thought you'd say :P 

I do think there may be a reassurance for Loui if we can get him on the right line... 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

thats kind of what I thought you'd say :P 

I do think there may be a reassurance for Loui if we can get him on the right line... 

It would be nice if Loui turned things around, but I've given up hope on him.  He got his huge UFA contract and became satisfied and complacent.  It happens in the NFL all of the time, now we're starting to see it more in hockey as well.

Loui is a large stain on Benning's record.

If there is one team in the league that would be smart to wait until Kane is a UFA, it's the Canucks.  I personally think his preferred destination will be Vegas (he has a place there), but you'd have to think that his hometown team would be top 5.

The Sabres and the Canucks are both looking for young skilled long term players and as many picks as they can get their hands on.  That being the case, the Sabres are not ideal trading partners for the Canucks.

45 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It would be nice if Loui turned things around, but I've given up hope on him.  He got his huge UFA contract and became satisfied and complacent.  It happens in the NFL all of the time, now we're starting to see it more in hockey as well.

At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to packaging a high pick or a prospect just to get rid of Loui.

I would just treat that as a garbage removal fee and be done with him.

The only deal I would do for Kane is"

Loui, Hutty and Lind 

For:

Kane and their 1st round not protected in 2018 

Edit: Actually just saw the instagram. 

Loui and Hutty for Kane and their first round this year, protected.

All he cares about is a bs payday. When if he was just a good person, he would not have to worry.

The big win for us in this deal is the first.
He is gonna run like he did in his junior days. Try and be a big man on ice, when somebody like Bo, would break his spirit in a second.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

If there is one team in the league that would be smart to wait until Kane is a UFA, it's the Canucks.  I personally think his preferred destination will be Vegas (he has a place there), but you'd have to think that his hometown team would be top 5.

The Sabres and the Canucks are both looking for young skilled long term players and as many picks as they can get their hands on.  That being the case, the Sabres are not ideal trading partners for the Canucks.

I can only hope,  don't want any part of Evander Kane in Vancouver as a Canuck 

8 hours ago, Nessnuck27 said:

https://tipofthetower.com/2017/10/24/buffalo-sabres-rumors-evander-kane-canucks/

To sum up the article trade offer for Kane from the Canucks was:

To Vancouver:

E. Kane

To Buffalo:

B. Hutton

N. Goldobin

Honestly, by the way that Hutton has been playing on and off this year, I wouldn't mind trading him as we have OJ coming up next year or the year after.

I kinda want to hold onto Goldobin as I believe he could excel if given the opportunity.

Thoughts?

i would pay that.  who's the source though?

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I have a hard time blaming Benning for it, there wasn't any indication that things would go this bad. 

2 hours ago, Profanity said:

At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to packaging a high pick or a prospect just to get rid of Loui.

I would just treat that as a garbage removal fee and be done with him.

He'd have to be traded to a team that spends well below the cap every year.  That's not the Sabres.  They will need every bit of cap room that they can get. 

I worry about Loui's contract combined with the cap recapture that will most likely be coming soon with Luongo.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I have a hard time blaming Benning for it, there wasn't any indication that things would go this bad. 

I blamed former Sabre GM Tim Murray for Moulson's terrible contract while he was here.

Benning deserves the same kind of blame for Loui's signing.  The biggest problem with that contract is that it was and still is for such a long term.

Kane just potted another couple of goals tonight.  Kane's trade value is rocketing upwards each and every game.  Some team looking to make a run in the playoffs this year is going to seriously overpay for him sooner or later.  Even if it's just for rental purposes.

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not having a hard time blaming Benning. He gave Loui term and high value, it was a bad contract from day 1.  I'm not a hater of Benning or Loui....or anyone really, but that contract has to be on Benning, in my view.

I'd be happy to see Kane here, but I think Buffalo will get pretty high value for him.  Maybe it will be our "trade bait" Vanek and Gudbranson for Kane.

Archived