The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vanek, Gudbranson in TSN's top 10 Trade Bait List

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If Guddy doesn't want to sign here we don't really have the choice, and thus it would be best we trade him a receive an asset in return.  I think everyone for the most part likes what he brings and would love to see him locked up, but it's not necessarily in our hands at this point. 

Yeah, it's all about what Guddy wants.

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Not even remotely close to getting it done on either deal.

But I agree, that would be fun if that were to happen somehow.

why would we trade for kane if he wants to come to can he can sign here in summer for free. And if u think galchenyuk has much value at tye moment he doesnt habs are playing him on 4th line   i think gally is a decent 2nd liner but his value is lowered by  claude and bergervin 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can the mods add a turd emoji for anything TSN (Turd Sports Network) related? Not to reflect anything regarding the OP, merely the fact that TSN is a steaming pile of doodoo.

That's pretty low man

Spoiler

How dare you insult turds like that!

i really think that a bunch vets will be gone at deadline.

vanek, tanev, sutter, edler,  hutton are   5 players  that teams could use as teams want extra push in playoffs.

tampa could play edler with hedman plus has another yr left 

2 second rounders and koekkoek  one 2nd turns into 1st if they win cup

tanev to toronto for 1st and jvr 

hutton for a rightwinger prospect 

sutter for right hand dman prospect and a 3rd

vanek for 2nd to preds 

sedins retire at end of yr 

28 mill off books

sign gaudette 

resign jvr, guddy, virtanen, 

4.5 5.o 1.5         

jvr sedin virtanen

baertchi bo boeser

sedin  gaudette eriksson 

dorsett  gaunce granlund

gagner  

del zotto guddy 

pouliot stecher 

koekkoek biega 

draft or trade for a offensive right dman  team looks pretty good  next yr and competive cup run this yr 

ton of cap space next yr to 

If we cannot retain Gudbranson for $4.5 or less long term or $5 million or less long term he has to be trade bait and teams will absolutely line up to get him.  Florida would bend over backwards if they were/are in the playoff race as would Toronto, Edmonton,Chicago and about a dozen other teams.

Gudbranson is exactly the kind of defenseman you want on your roster in the playoffs.

I still see the following as being possible trade bait come the deadline

• Vanek
  • Dorsett
  • Sutter
  • Tanev
  • Gudbranson
  • Burmistrov
  • Wericioch

If Benning is serious about cashing in on assets this is the year to do it knowing how many UFA's we have that are performing well.  If we cannot retain Gudbranson for a decent price with decent term as much as it sucks it is only sound business sense to get max return for him...or else listen to another summer crying about it like we did Hamhuis

With the way Sbisa's been playing, I think there's an actual chance Vegas decides to re-sign him instead of move him.

John Shannon was quoted as saying that Benning won't make a decision on Gudbranson until February. So he'll be around till then. I suspect he'll be traded. Doubt the Canucks let him walk after the Hamhuis fiasco.

Vanek's a pretty obvious piece to be moved at the deadline. His contract screams potential rental for a contender. Always thought this was the plan with his signing from day one. Have Vanek play till the deadline then move him for picks or a prospect. It's a real no brainer.

We recently had a 3 way blockbuster deal and not a peep from the press before hand leaking any information that this was coming.

Putting out a list of 10 easy names was the best they can do to follow up in the trade winds.

Heck let's submit our 10 best now....

2 hours ago, canuktravella said:

i really think that a bunch vets will be gone at deadline.

vanek, tanev, sutter, edler,  hutton are   5 players  that teams could use as teams want extra push in playoffs.

tampa could play edler with hedman plus has another yr left 

2 second rounders and koekkoek  one 2nd turns into 1st if they win cup

tanev to toronto for 1st and jvr 

hutton for a rightwinger prospect 

sutter for right hand dman prospect and a 3rd

vanek for 2nd to preds 

sedins retire at end of yr 

28 mill off books

sign gaudette 

resign jvr, guddy, virtanen, 

4.5 5.o 1.5         

jvr sedin virtanen

baertchi bo boeser

sedin  gaudette eriksson 

dorsett  gaunce granlund

gagner  

del zotto guddy 

pouliot stecher 

koekkoek biega 

draft or trade for a offensive right dman  team looks pretty good  next yr and competive cup run this yr 

ton of cap space next yr to 

always easier to retool a roster

when no trade clauses are conveniently ignored

edler is going no where

sutter is also staying

given recent sketchy play of hutton, i'm not certain any contending team will consider him an asset or useful for a cup run

am happy to move vanek along if anyone will give us reasonable assets in return

tanev can be moved if the offer is overwhelming.. jvr does not at all fit the profile of a player the canucks should trade for

they can pick up a player like him as a ufa rental (ala vanek)

if tanev is moved the return has to be younger quality players or hight draft picks

but am quite content to keep tanev.. he is our best dman and is on very team friendly contract

No surprise. THey both belong on it. THis team will be far out of playoff race by TDL. Get what you can. 

If Gudbrandsson not signed by TDL we have to trade him. Really no choice. I think he'll do  4 yrs at 4 mill.. Does mgmt want to pay him that? Not sure. Because if he goes back to FLD at 3.5 mill he makes approx same because of lower taxes.  

I can't remember if it was Halford or Brough bragging about talking the author of the article into putting Guddy on his top 10 list.  I wonder what the criteria for making the list are?  Some guy's notional opinion or is it fact based.

Does anybody really think that such a list has anything to do with reality?  Or is going to influence anybody with the power to make an NHL trade? 

The question for Benning is whether he thinks Guddy is worth a salary that would be acceptable to Gudbranson.  He would be due a raise but how much?  Guddy is probably the worst skater and puck mover on the back end but his physical play is easily the best, not to mention intangibles.  

If an agreement can't be made he absolutely must be traded.  Free agency would be disastrous for the team and Bennings career

Archived