The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vanek, Gudbranson in TSN's top 10 Trade Bait List

1 hour ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I don’t want Gudbranson to be traded either as I believe he is exactly the type of defenceman we need, BUT if he is not going to re-sign we cannot lose him for nothing. My hope is that we can sign him to an extension Jan.1st. 

game has changed and continues to change so much Roger. Best D in NHL is NSH. look at their top 5. That's what we need on back end. 

We need more size up front. We have Virt, Gadz is a ways away, we need a top 6 forward with size. 

I'd package Baer and Gudbranson plus a pick at TDL, (2nd or 3rd) depending on who's coming back,,,,for a top 6 forward with size and snarl. That's what we need. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

game has changed and continues to change so much Roger. Best D in NHL is NSH. look at their top 5. That's what we need on back end. 

We need more size up front. We have Virt, Gadz is a ways away, we need a top 6 forward with size. 

I'd package Baer and Gudbranson plus a pick at TDL, (2nd or 3rd) depending on who's coming back,,,,for a top 6 forward with size and snarl. That's what we need. 

So a top 4 D, a top 6 forward plus a pick for...a top 6 forward with size and snarl?

Or just offer Kane $6 million July 1st and not overpay IMO.

Gudbranson at the TDL would return a sizeable haul by himself, if you dangled a 40 point forward as well that return would be ridiculous and far better than just a top 6 with size and snarl.  No need to overpay when we could just be patient

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So a top 4 D, a top 6 forward plus a pick for...a top 6 forward with size and snarl?

Gudbranson at the TDL would return a sizeable haul by himself, if you dangled a 40 point forward as well that return would be ridiculous and far better than just a top 6 with size and snarl.  No need to overpay when we could just be patient

Good call hippy. I'm a bit tipsy now but I always think Kane is ours as UFA. I feel that's a done deal. 6 mlll at 8 years. 

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Good call hippy. I'm a bit tipsy now but I always think Kane is ours as UFA. I feel that's a done deal. 6 mlll at 8 years. 

Just tired of watching this team either over pay or watch assets leave for nothing.  Benning has a solid handle on things it seems.

8 hours ago, coastal.view said:

always easier to retool a roster

when no trade clauses are conveniently ignored

edler is going no where

sutter is also staying

given recent sketchy play of hutton, i'm not certain any contending team will consider him an asset or useful for a cup run

am happy to move vanek along if anyone will give us reasonable assets in return

tanev can be moved if the offer is overwhelming.. jvr does not at all fit the profile of a player the canucks should trade for

they can pick up a player like him as a ufa rental (ala vanek)

if tanev is moved the return has to be younger quality players or hight draft picks

but am quite content to keep tanev.. he is our best dman and is on very team friendly contract

ya well tanev is our best trade asset and he brings little to no grit and tiny bit of offense id rather trade him for a grade A  prospect and a first. Guddy might not be offensive but he clears the crease well like willie mitchell. We need a offensive right hand dman in worst way i bet our defense is the lowest offense d in league or at least bottom 3 

We need a player like Gudbranson, haven't really had one since Mitchell and Bieksa, and need to keep him long-term.

As for Vanek, if we're flailing by TDL trade him for a 2nd round pick or prospect. If we're anywhere near the playoffs I'd go all-in and bolster down because playoff experience for these kids would be invaluable.

If the Canucks are in a playoff spot I doubt that anyone gets traded. Vanek is on pace for 20-30 goals so that kind of production is required for the team to keep winning as is the truculence that Guddy brings to the table.

The Canucks will still have time to do something with Guddy prior to free agency and the risk of losing Vanek for nothing is worth it if the team makes the playoffs but he is playing well enough to be extended another year or two if both sides agree.. 

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No surprise. THey both belong on it. THis team will be far out of playoff race by TDL. Get what you can. 

If Gudbrandsson not signed by TDL we have to trade him. Really no choice. I think he'll do  4 yrs at 4 mill.. Does mgmt want to pay him that? Not sure. Because if he goes back to FLD at 3.5 mill he makes approx same because of lower taxes.  

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

@J-Dizzle You wanna talk about it? Why not comment instead . I'd rather know how you feel about the situation...

19 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

17 hours ago, Warhippy said:

why_not_both.jpg.b480da0651889128a6989fa37f9880bd.jpg

Re-sign Guddy and sign Kane July 1st.

Top 6 Forward and Top 6 D with Size and Snarl.

Now that's a team to watch! B)

31 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Yeah

So why would they trade him?

Why trade Perron as well? 

I'm not the one to answer that. I haven't been watching them closely enough to know who's knocking at the door or if they have too many Dmen playing well... I've only watched a couple of their games.

I'm just gonna put this here. Gudbranson is a close friend to my best friend's family (I grew up in the same town as him, played for the same team). I just recently had a discussion with my best friend about him and he told me Gudbranson has been loving Vancouver. I don't see why he wouldn't re-sign, unless Ottawa would pony up big time. 

On 11/8/2017 at 7:27 AM, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I don’t want Gudbranson to be traded either as I believe he is exactly the type of defenceman we need, BUT if he is not going to re-sign we cannot lose him for nothing. My hope is that we can sign him to an extension Jan.1st. 

^^This is the sentiment I think most fans have. He is a great team player and good at what he does, but he also isn't worth the 5million/year that he may feel he deserves. Tough decision ahead for Benning.

Archived