The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHICH CONCERTS HAVE YOU ATTENDED?

420since1974

27 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I loved it. RZ was better than MM, imo. Zombie's setlist could have been better tho.

Glad you liked it. I love live music.

I couldn't list the shows I've seen here...it's well over 400 at this point. Hell I've done about 20 major festivals.  

Next up: 

Iron Maiden - Sept 3rd 

Cinematic Orchestra - October 

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Glad you liked it. I love live music.

I couldn't list the shows I've seen here...it's well over 400 at this point. Hell I've done about 20 major festivals.  

Next up: 

Iron Maiden - Sept 3rd 

Cinematic Orchestra - October 

I'm in the same wheelhouse as you. Lost count after a few hundred. I try to keep track. 

Those will be great shows. I may go to the Maiden show. Haven't seen them since two tours ago. Funny, my very first concert ever was Maiden and Twisted Sister in the 80s.

Have the PNE shows next and floor seats for ZZ Top, STYX, Vince Neil, Billy Idol, Hammer, and Vanilla Ice ... lol

On 7/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, MikeBossy said:

So i have been a huge Pearl jam fan all my life but have not been able to see them live yet. I have made myself a promise that next tour not only am i seeing them but spending the cash on floor tickets - I am so envious of you

My favourite EVER show was this one, below (2005).  My kids and I got tickets but my daughter hadn't wanted to go, then changed her mind.  So I gave her my ticket then I got a last minute one as they opened up behind the stage.  I could see my kids across the building, having the time of their life.  It was glorious...we'd been through a rough time and they were on their feet, singing, arms in the air.

As it would turn out, I actually had the best seat in the house though.  There were huge fans back there, keeping us cool...was front row behind the stage and got the same view of the show that the band did.  Also, the best part...the band came back there and faced us at times. 

Eddie actually threw his tambourine up to ME!! after Baba O'Riley at the end of the show but some asshat ran across the aisle as he pointed/aimed - reached right in front of me and grabbed it, then ran away up the stairs as the crowd jeered him.  GRRRR.  

I was on my own, but some super drunk young guy came down and put his arm around me (| was standing up) and we sang and danced the entire concert.  He was spilling his drink and standing all over my shoes but I didn't care..was having the best time of my life.  He told me I was awesome for not chewing him out.  The girls directly behind us were telling us to sit down (as they stared into their make up mirrors and combed their hair...no word of a life).  

I will never forget that show - start to finish - it was unbelievable.  They are just the best...the only concert I refuse to miss when they're in town.

They started with Release...I was floored (love that song..has some special meaning to me).  Cried, right out of the gate.

Set List:  :o

Release Go Animal Save You Given to Fly Corduroy Love Boat Captain Even Flow Betterman 1/2 Full Daughter/(W.M.A.) Wishlist Lukin Grievance Immortatlity Nothingman Down Do The Evolution Blood --- Footsteps Small Town U Alive --- Bee Girl [Ed and Jeff] Black Porch --- I Believe in Miracles Baba O'Riley Yellow Ledbetter

EDIT:  Playing this video at work - still gives me goosebumps.  Was sooooo good.

Also saw them again a few years later (floor) - stood on my chair but security kept telling me to get down.  When State of Love & Trust came on I just could not help it.  Sorry?  (Despite them saying I'd get kicked out...they let me rock)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm in the same wheelhouse as you. Lost count after a few hundred. I try to keep track. 

Those will be great shows. I may go to the Maiden show. Haven't seen them since two tours ago. Funny, my very first concert ever was Maiden and Twisted Sister in the 80s.

Have the PNE shows next and floor seats for ZZ Top, STYX, Vince Neil, Billy Idol, Hammer, and Vanilla Ice ... lol

Iron Maiden is one of the last on my list to see.  After that its more obscure acts.

My first was ACDC Money Talks tour...  2nd Rolling Stones Steel Wheels. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Wilbur said:

I hope I'm that cool in my 80s B)

I used to work as an appliance repair guy, one day I'm at a house fixing a fridge and noticed  a huge selection of very heavy rock albums.

I ask this 80 plus lady if she has a grandkid that is into metal. Her reply "Those are mine, I like to rock!". :)

From Anthrax  up into the Z's. Neat listening to her talking about the time she saw Sabbath.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Iron Maiden is one of the last on my list to see.  After that its more obscure acts.

My first was ACDC Money Talks tour...  2nd Rolling Stones Steel Wheels. 

I still have my Ozzy tix for next year ... lol

First concert in BC was Pink Floyd, Division Bell

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2019 at 12:24 AM, Coconuts said:

Saw Moist tonight, they've still got it. Great sound, David Usher sounds like he did 25 years ago. 

Kicking myself for not going, that was the Silver anniversary show right?  I loved that album, I remember I got a disc man for Xmas that year plus that CD and REM's Monster.  Freaky Be Beautiful and Believe Me are my favs.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Kicking myself for not going, that was the Silver anniversary show right?  I loved that album, I remember I got a disc man for Xmas that year plus that CD and REM's Monster.  Freaky Be Beautiful and Believe Me are my favs.

Mhmm! I was kind of surprise they stopped on the island but it was a welcome surprise. It's a great album, I've got a couple of their others two but I found that one in a thrift store of all places. It's amazing what people will give away. 

• 2 weeks later...

Big Wreck rolled through Nanaimo Friday, they're as good as ever. Whoever they've got playing Brian Doherty's (RIP) parts did a fantastic job.

Ian Thornley's a national treasure. Toss up between him and Jeff Martin of The Tea Party for who the most talented live performer I've witnessed is. Nothing against any of the other musicians I've seen, but holding down both lead guitar and lead vocal roles is pretty damn impressive.