The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When can we extend Jim Bennings contract?

FijianCanuck

previous years, it seems like, they will let go or extend gm's AFTER the season.

Example, Dave Nonis (he will actually let go with one year left) Mike Gillis was let go at the end of his term, I believe, Jim Benning since he's not let go yet, I am guessing they will see how the season goes.   Other then the Clenndenning trade and the Linden Vey trade,  I think he's done a pretty good job rebuilding, drafting, and transitioning the team to a new era.   Would have been nice if that jackass Ryan Kesler didn't limit his trade clause to one team.  (Yes it was originally the choice of one team, but then I guess he knew that was way too duchebag of a move so then it was moved up to 3 teams, which really handicaps Benning negotiation leverage). 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wasn't Aquilini quoted recently saying that JB's extension is coming soon?

Thought I heard something this past week.

previous years, it seems like, they will let go or extend gm's AFTER the season.

Example, Dave Nonis (he will actually let go with one year left) Mike Gillis was let go at the end of his term, I believe, Jim Benning since he's not let go yet, I am guessing they will see how the season goes.   Other then the Clenndenning trade and the Linden Vey trade,  I think he's done a pretty good job rebuilding, drafting, and transitioning the team to a new era.   Would have been nice if that jackass Ryan Kesler didn't limit his trade clause to one team.  (Yes it was originally the choice of one team, but then I guess he knew that was way too duchebag of a move so then it was moved up to 3 teams, which really handicaps Benning negotiation leverage). 

Yaaaaa, Gillis was extended right before he was canned, so was Nonis, it would be a good sign.

33 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Wasn't Aquilini quoted recently saying that JB's extension is coming soon?

Thought I heard something this past week.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-owner-talks-sedins-jim-benning-possible-nba-return/

From this week ... audio clip in there, too.

"Aquilini said contract negotiations are ongoing with Benning and did not give details, 'but as soon as we have something, you will be the first to know,' he told Walker and Rintoul. 'I am pleased with how Jim has performed. I’m optimistic we’re going to come to an agreement with him.'"

What’s the rush.

maybe wait and see how he handles gudbranson. a first (McCann) a 2nd and a 4th for Gud and a 5th.

He’s (Gud) a sign or trade guy he can’t be allowed to walk for free or even take that chance and he needs to get a fair bit back for him if he trades him (a demairs isn’t even close).

I think Green  has saved his bacon a bit If the team was as bad as most predicted (myself included) it would and should fall on managment after all they spent another’s 22 million of Frannies  money just to be losers again. 

Wait see how things this season develop.

14 minutes ago, combover said:

I think Green  has saved his bacon a bit If the team was as bad as most predicted (myself included) it would and should fall on managment

that's on you, not Benning.

Benning hired Green to coach Utica, and then promoted him to Vancouver.

The idea that Green 'saved Benning's bacon' is absurd - Green has been an integral part of the process Benning set in motion since 2015.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Yaaaaa, Gillis was extended right before he was canned, so was Nonis, it would be a good sign.

At least we have ownership that is willing to spend the dollars.  Could be worse if we had the Canadian Tire dude cheaping out (or like the ownership we have for the Whitecaps).

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Other then the Clenndenning trade and the Linden Vey trade,  I think he's done a pretty good job rebuilding, drafting, and transitioning the team to a new era.  

Gudbranson trade ain't looking so good.  Despite injuries on the blueline, his minutes really haven't increased that much.  Course it's still early in this season.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

At least we have ownership that is willing to spend the dollars.  Could be worse if we had the Canadian Tire dude cheaping out (or like the ownership we have for the Whitecaps).

I agree.  Whatever our thoughts about Aqualini, we got to agree the guy spends the dollars.  (How long before that Kerfoot guy sells off that young star he has?) 

Archived