The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Acquiring a top 3 D man (Right handed shot)

Rush17

Do you think  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at how Gudbranson is playing in his contract year.  Being super inconsistent and truly not coming as advertised. I think we should replace him with a player who better fits Green's playstyle.  MDZ and Pouliot fit that style and we have seen significant improve on our puck movement.   I think we should flip Gudbranson along with a skilled forward for a skilled #3 D man (Right shot).

If we were to do something along these lines.  Who would be a good target for us to look at?  someone with speed, skill, and can contribute offensively?

In terms of needing his physicality. I don't think that should ever fall on one player and in our division we need a more collective physical presence.  He has failed to deliver and its sad when a guy a 1/3 his size in dorsett is more willing to engage and protect his teammates. I don't think he fits our team's mold and he has been extremely disappointing imo.

Who would you target?

Brandon Montour perhaps? whom else might fit that role? i think a bonafide #3 d man would be ideal.  

Please note this is not a hate guddy thread. I like him when hes engaged but I just don't think he has in him what we were hoping to get out of him.  Share who you would like to target?

Tyson Barrie perhaps? whom are you thinking?

6 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

Why would Anaheim give Vancouver Montour? What would Vancouver have to part with? Please don't reply with "Gagner and a 2nd".

I thought everyone on here was against the idea of acquiring Barrie. It would be nice to see a d-man who can actually score. 

Granlund for Montour.

or

Gudbranson + Granlund or Sutter + prospect for Barrie.

Those are reasonable asks and prices.  Sakic would take Guddy and Granny straight up I'm sure if he felt inclined to take Guddy on or to move Barrie.  Sutter would be with added depth for sure.  Thats where a conversation may start. It may require more pieces but that would at least get Sakic's mind open to the idea.

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Granlund for Montour.

or

Gudbranson + Granlund or Sutter + prospect for Barrie.

Those are reasonable asks and prices.  Sakic would take Guddy and Granny straight up I'm sure if he felt inclined to take Guddy on or to move Barrie.  Sutter would be with added depth for sure.  Thats where a conversation may start. It may require more pieces but that would at least get Sakic's mind open to the idea.

Tell Sakic hey next time you talk to him. 

Feel like we're going backwards, wanting to trade Guddy? What, do you want Yannick Weber back? Weber was very good for Nashville last playoffs, but c'mon. Gudbranson is still young, and he's a big dude who adds physicality, future captain material. Maybe he's not beating people up right now, but I believe he hurt his hand is his last fight. Probably still tender. I am totally against trading Gudbranson. Edler or Hutton need to go IMO.   

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Feel like we're going backwards, wanting to trade Guddy? What, do you want Yannick Weber back? Weber was very good for Nashville last playoffs, but c'mon. Gudbranson is still young, and he's a big dude who adds physicality, future captain material. Maybe he's not beating people up right now, but I believe he hurt his hand is his last fight. Probably still tender. I am totally against trading Gudbranson. Edler or Hutton need to go IMO.   

I agree. Lets let another team have him for their Captain role. :)

How about this? Wait until the summer and throw big money at John Carlson. Sign him to a deal that would take us till when who ever we draft (Dahlin, Boqvist, Merkley etc.) are ready. Oh and trade Edler too. 

_____ - Carlson

Juolevi - Tanev

Pouliot - Stecher. 

That’s a good, solid young defense. 

20 minutes ago, Pears said:

How about this? Wait until the summer and throw big money at John Carlson. Sign him to a deal that would take us till when who ever we draft (Dahlin, Boqvist, Merkley etc.) are ready. Oh and trade Edler too. 

_____ - Carlson

Juolevi - Tanev

Pouliot - Stecher. 

Where did Hutton go? Did we move him? i am in favor if we get the right return!

4 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Thanks Vintage. Yeah after I posted it I wasn't sure how to add them after this latest update. Would you be able to lend a hand?

I added the 'Discussion' tag for you. In the future, if you mistakenly forget again, you could go back and edit it by clicking the 'Edit' button and then changing the title and adding a tag in front of the title like I have done.

For a list of tags to use, see here:

http://forum.canucks.com/announcement/21-all-threads-must-contain-tags/

57 minutes ago, Pears said:

_____ - Carlson

Juolevi - Tanev

Pouliot - Stecher. 

So we sign Carlson until October? :P

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

Why would Anaheim give Vancouver Montour? What would Vancouver have to part with? Please don't reply with "Gagner and a 2nd".

I thought everyone on here was against the idea of acquiring Barrie. It would be nice to see a d-man who can actually score. 

You think hearing Chaput's name is annoying? Try Montour. 

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can see the Canucks trading Gudbranson, to say, TB, and then watching TB go on to win a Cup.

Thats fine with me.  :) help them win. we wont be close to a cup anytime soon.  they can keep em.

Archived