The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (12-18) 2017

9 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Gotta love how Tkachuk starts that brawl by poking at Witkowski and then hiding behind a teammate and the linesman. He certainly belongs playing for an overrated team like the Lames.

I thought Hamonic was supposed to be tough?  He got annihilated by Mantha!  Hahaha!!!  I guess Hamonic is not so tough at all.  Looked to me like a lot of the Flames were scared too.  They hung back, and didn't want to engage.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I thought Hamonic was supposed to be tough?  He got annihilated by Mantha!  Hahaha!!!  I guess Hamonic is not so tough at all.  Looked to me like a lot of the Flames were scared too.  They hung back, and didn't want to engage.  

Hamonic is a typical spot picker.

2 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

and then people like you complain when the canucks do not stand up for themselves. I would have loved  to see tatchuk do that to Mier or Kadri

And have Tkachuk do what? Spear guys and elbow them in the head just to get suspended? Tkachuk isn't a tough guy he's a cheapshot artist much like Marchand. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You can also see that plug Ferkland throw punches from the bench at Ericsson. That's definitely suspension worthy, but probably won't get looked at. 

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

and then people like you complain when the canucks do not stand up for themselves. I would have loved  to see tatchuk do that to Mier or Kadri

I have never said the canucks dont stand up for each other.canucks used to have the best powerplay in the league got them all the way to the stanley cup final.let the other team be dumb and take stupid penalties then get on the powerplay and score lots of goals.

How about Tkachpuke agitating the detroit player when he knew he was out of the game and couldnt get back at him. He slashed at Witkowski and tried to give him a parting poke when Witkowski was already on his way to the tunnel.  Mind you Witkowski was a douche for taking an extra shot while Kulak was on the ground...and he was a cro  magnon for leaving the bench to get back at Tkachuk.  But Tkachuk knew he couldnt get back at him so in rat like fashion he took his liberties.

Witkowski challenged Ferklund to a fight earlier in the game and Ferklund wanted no part of it.

It was enjoyable watching the Flames get shelled without Smith in net.  

The phlegms were cocky in this game, shoving Mantha after he has scored, Katchuk running into Howard and Hamonic being an ass all game. Then when they get pushed back they whine and complain. :lol: calgaryschmuck.com is hilarious right now. 

they were mad at Witkowski for man handling Kulak but perfectly fine with Brouwer punching Abdelkader behind the back of the neck when he was already down last time they played. :rolleyes:

Ferkland the spot picker acting tough in the bench at the end of the game, when he declined a fight with Witkowski in the 1st period. 

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

The phlegms were cocky in this game, shoving Mantha after he has scored, Katchuk running into Howard and Hamonic being an ass all game. Then when they get pushed back they whine and complain. :lol: calgaryschmuck.com is hilarious right now. 

they were mad at Witkowski for man handling Kulak but perfectly fine with Brouwer punching Abdelkader behind the back of the neck when he was already down last time they played. :rolleyes:

Ferkland the spot picker acting tough in the bench at the end of the game, when he declined a fight with Witkowski in the 1st period. 

I thought Ferkland would fight him at that point to give his team a boost.  I guess he doesnt have the heart of Dorsett who will practically fight anyone even if he knows he will lose.  Last night his team was down and he picked a fight with LA's tough guy.  Ferkland could have done the same but I guess he is only tough when he is running at smaller players.

Just now, Darius71 said:

I thought Ferkland would fight him at that point to give his team a boost.  I guess he doesnt have the heart of Dorsett who will practically fight anyone even if he knows he will lose.  Last night his team was down and he picked a fight with LA's tough guy.  Ferkland could have done the same but I guess he is only tough when he is running at smaller players.

Ferkland only goes for guys smaller than him. That's why he's willing to go with Juice quite regularly, cause he has 2 inches and 15 pounds on him. Meanwhile a guy like Witkowski, 6'2 215 LBs (which is the exact same height and weight as him) is apparently out of his weight class. 

2 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Ferkland only goes for guys smaller than him. That's why he's willing to go with Juice quite regularly, cause he has 2 inches and 15 pounds on him. Meanwhile a guy like Witkowski, 6'2 215 LBs (which is the exact same height and weight as him) is apparently out of his weight class. 

I agree....Flames fans think Ferkland is a scorer now so he shoudnt have to fight. Lol.  What a plug.  I guess Dorsett is a scorer now too..oh wait, Dorsett will take on anybody if his team is slighted.

I can see suspensions for both teams, Athanassiou put his hands on Hamonic (another goof) when he was on the bench, Ferkland was throwing punches from the safety of the bench.  Both guys might be hearing from the league.

Flames fans were mad that the Detroit bench did not close the door that Haminoc was pushed through  during the fight. Like the opposing bench is going to help him?

Have to love the clowns at Sportsnet cutting to commercial as the whole thing was starting to unfold. It was obvious but they chose to go ahead and go to the ads 

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Ferkland hasn't fought a legit fighter in the NHL. flame fans think he's this bad ass that players are afraid of but his tough guy act disappeared the moment Vegas took Engelland lol 

Archived