The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: VANCOUVER-TORONTO

20 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Toronto laughs and hangs up.

Whatever the opposite of a whipping boy is, that's what Gudbranson is on CDC. 

What do you mean? It's pretty split down the middle in terms of people wanting him and people wanting him gone. He doesn't really get blamed for anything, but he also doesn't really get credit for anything. He's kind of just "steady". 

On 11/11/2017 at 11:58 PM, kenhodgejr said:

To Toronto: Eric Gudbranson 

(playoff help for team toughness)

To Vancouver: Timothy Liljegren 

Puck moving defence man- right shot prospect

Not a bad proposal, at this point i would take anything that included a 1st round picked prospect or 1st round draft pick for Guddy rather than losing him at free agency for nothing. If there was a chance we could render Guddys services for under 4 Mill a year then i would be game to keep him.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tanev will cost A LOT more than Liljegren, don’t you think?

Toronto fans would say no, Canucks fans would say yes. It's a tricky question because there is a debate as to Liljegren's potential: some believe he has dynamic top-pairing potential whereas others think he's too weak/small/not good enough defensively to excel in that role.

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Toronto fans would say no, Canucks fans would say yes. It's a tricky question because there is a debate as to Liljegren's potential: some believe he has dynamic top-pairing potential whereas others think he's too weak/small/not good enough defensively to excel in that role.

Maybe a PK or a Jordan Subban, but just don’t know yet?

On 13/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, N7Nucks said:

What do you mean? It's pretty split down the middle in terms of people wanting him and people wanting him gone. He doesn't really get blamed for anything, but he also doesn't really get credit for anything. He's kind of just "steady". 

I don't think most want  gone they just don't want to over pay for him. I'd keep him he's still young and has that element you need to have to win it all

I think we have to many projects right now and in a couple years we will know what we have,but to move a guy that can help right now is not the answer at this time, maybe TDL if we cannot resign him but now is not the time unless we get a trade offer JB can not say NO

Archived