The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Markstrom + Hutton = ?

19 hours ago, canuktravella said:

regardless it  was a horrible proposal

a waived goalie for a guy who is 21 and was a 4th overall pick.  really?  If anything Gaunce and Markstrom is way undervaluing Bennett, but he has been poor this year; so that is why I would hope to get him on the cheap.  I get it you like Markstrom he is worth top ten pick in this years draft only.  SURE

On 11/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, PlanB said:

So OP takes the time to point out these guys' weaknesses and outline why they're so 'meh' yet JB is supposed to miraculously turn both of these guys into blue-chip core pieces?

I was thinking the same thing.  He says exactly why we want to get rid of them, but believes that other GMs would overlook those issues and covet them?

I don't even agree with the OP's assessment in the first place.

I will, however, say that if we could get a piece back we really need that I would be willing to part with Markstrom, Hutton, and even a prospect.  What we really need are high-end potential guys for the forward line but especially the blueline.  I have no idea how Juolevi will work out, but so far I haven't been impressed.  Even if he does turn out to be a really good defenseman, we could absolutely use a top-end guy... for the 2nd unit pp if nothing else.

So if we gave up Markstrom, Hutton, and say... Goldobin - would this get us a nearly sure-fire #1 defensive prospect back?  Say, a McAvoy/Chabot kind of guy?

If so, I'd do it for sure.  That allows that prospect to develop for a couple of years while the rest of our young guys do, and will be ready for when we want to contend in 2-4 years.

16 hours ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

a waived goalie for a guy who is 21 and was a 4th overall pick.  really?  If anything Gaunce and Markstrom is way undervaluing Bennett, but he has been poor this year; so that is why I would hope to get him on the cheap.  I get it you like Markstrom he is worth top ten pick in this years draft only.  SURE

blah blah blah markys a good goalie  your clueless bennett sucks  cant even do a pull up at combine   busttt of a 4th pick  

16 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

It was a horrible response. I guess you are even

You didn't even get the players in his proposal correct. When you trash someone's proposal you better know what the proposal was in the first place

ya mickey mouse  proposal  at least benning isnt that dumb.  hopefully he keeps drafting studs like lind and demko  

Said it last year, same thing this year:  the leadership team here is loyal to a fault.  So, there is no way they'll be trading anyone who has put in the hard yards on the team (ie. Sedins, Edler, Hutton, Markstrom...).  The only ones who may get traded will be the "newbies" like Gagner and Vanek, and MDZ et al would also be in there if they hadn't already shown some worth in management's eyes (which is to their credit).  Here's a prediction:  only Vanek gets moved this year, and only for a 2nd and 5th round pick.  Gagner will stay because JB will not know the Sedins' plans until after the season in all likelihood, so he'll be insurance.   

1 hour ago, Hockey God said:

Said it last year, same thing this year:  the leadership team here is loyal to a fault.  So, there is no way they'll be trading anyone who has put in the hard yards on the team (ie. Sedins, Edler, Hutton, Markstrom...).  The only ones who may get traded will be the "newbies" like Gagner and Vanek, and MDZ et al would also be in there if they hadn't already shown some worth in management's eyes (which is to their credit).  Here's a prediction:  only Vanek gets moved this year, and only for a 2nd and 5th round pick.  Gagner will stay because JB will not know the Sedins' plans until after the season in all likelihood, so he'll be insurance.   

Burrows and Hanson were traded last year.

Archived