The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Players' Nicknames

Cramarossa

What do you call the Canucks?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, 6string said:

Too many unwarranted nicknames!

Back in the day they were earned by reputation, controversy or an event etc, not by filling out the lineup.

The best ones are

Like "Cowan the Brabarian". That's how great nicknames are earned.. not just throwing a Y on the end of the first syllable of their last name.

5 hours ago, Davathor said:

The best ones are

Like "Cowan the Brabarian". That's how great nicknames are earned.. not just throwing a Y on the end of the first syllable of their last name.

for me it was the steamer, for the way he played. he would steam right through players. my all time favourite was, lionel "big train" conacher, and oriestes "minnie" minosa.

4 hours ago, smithers joe said:

for me it was the steamer, for the way he played. he would steam right through players. my all time favourite was, lionel "big train" conacher, and oriestes "minnie" minosa.

Big Train was a classic name. There's been a lot of good ones throughout the times. Some good line names too.

We invent new nicknames in my household.

Edler - Meatball (as in Swedish, and he makes some bad mistakes)

Del Zotto - Pasta Man (because his name sounds like Italian food, as in: "I'll have the mushroom Del Zotto please")

Just to name a couple

16 hours ago, Davathor said:

The best ones are

Exactly "Davathory", lol. How about a name like Steamer - just a perfect fit.

One name I recall reading that stuck with me; was a goon NY Ranger by the name of Frank Beaton, his nickname was "Seldom". He really earned the name because he was Seldom beaten in fights :) 

That's a nickname!

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

We invent new nicknames in my household.

Edler - Meatball (as in Swedish, and he makes some bad mistakes)

Del Zotto - Pasta Man (because his name sounds like Italian food, as in: "I'll have the mushroom Del Zotto please")

Just to name a couple

Luca Pizza Pizza

On 14/11/2017 at 8:14 AM, smithers joe said:

Good call.  Also liked JovoCop.  The House (Sandlak).  But Muck Fessier on a different thread got me thinking too.

Archived