The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Breaks Down the PP (its makes you want to poke your eyes out)

Rush17

pp change  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

The problem has already been that they have no one to shoot.

Playmakers:  Henrik, Daniel, Gagne

Net-front Presence:  Vanek

Plus a defenseman that can't/doesn't shoot anymore in Edler.  

Put Vanek on the left half board for the one timer, and put Virtanen in front of the net. Problem solved.

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/ferraro-canuck-pp-makes-you-want-to-poke-your-eyes-out-1.914520

listened to this in the shower this morning.  Ray Ferraro talks how he would change the PP and it includes splitting the Sedins.  

maybe we should hire ray to be our pp coach lol.   what he suggests is actually really interesting.  please give it a listen and share your thoughts if u think it would work!

sounds like two solid units (for us). Ray is hilarious "they aren't Siamese twins" :lol:

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

The problem has already been that they have no one to shoot.

Playmakers:  Henrik, Daniel, Gagne

Net-front Presence:  Vanek

Plus a defenseman that can't/doesn't shoot anymore in Edler.  

Would consider putting Tanev at the point, Boeser on the half boards and Horvat in front of the net.  

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Boeser as a net front presence was enough of Newell Brown for me.  Two guys with shots on the team in The Flow and JV...guess who are never set up in the shooting position..

he comes up with the worst combo with the least possibility of scoring

Wouldn’t hate on using Virtanen (when he draws back in) in Boeser’s spot on PP2. Split the Sedins to each use that right side half boards position to QB and make cross seam passes for 1 timers from either Boes or Virt. 

If you don’t have the type of Dmen to produce goals, then it’s pretty simple what the next step is and why this isn’t clearer to Brown is beyond me. 

On 14/11/2017 at 11:24 AM, Rush17 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/ferraro-canuck-pp-makes-you-want-to-poke-your-eyes-out-1.914520

listened to this in the shower this morning.  Ray Ferraro talks how he would change the PP and it includes splitting the Sedins.  

maybe we should hire ray to be our pp coach lol.   what he suggests is actually really interesting.  please give it a listen and share your thoughts if u think it would work!

I hate RF almost more than any other analyst, but I agree about splitting them up.  They are redundant on the same PP........let danny be the hank on PP2, he`s almost as good a playmaker

blah blah blah, means nothing without a true point man running the PP and getting shots through. Right now Hank is forced to be the anchor on our PP, playing off the left boards which makes it so much easier to defend against. Sedins are not the root cause although splitting them up may be interesting.

4 hours ago, Hectic said:

Virtanen on the point on the PP?

He's got one of the hardest shots on the team. Would create a ton of rebounds and he's good at getting his shot on net. He can also snipe when he's on his game. Also with his elite speed he can get back if there's an odd man rush or something. The point or on the left half wall is where he should be imo. 

10 hours ago, Erik Karlsson said:

D.Sedin-Horvat(net)-H.Sedin

Boeser-Pouliot

Baertschi-Vanek(net)-Granlund

Virtanen-Edler

it's as simple as that really

Only change I would make is adding Granlund to the PP.

6 hours ago, cripplereh said:

me I get us Subban from the minors to try instead of Biega as that might jump start the PP

that is worth a hot more then any D we have right now in the line up

Lol please god no. What do you do with Subban the rest of the time we’re not on the power play? 

Archived