The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ray Breaks Down the PP (its makes you want to poke your eyes out)

Rush17

pp change  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This PP has been stagnant for soooooooo........ long now, just a simple change up is what is needed. Throw guys in there that do not usually play on the PP and we may get surprised or at least a little bit entertained. When we get a PP its like "oh no!" not again. :lol: I like the idea of throwing in a Jake or a Dorsett to see what they can do. Like others have said, it can't make the PP any worse. 

23 hours ago, riffraff said:

It's the voice right?

nope, I was coaching midget AAA way back in 2004 and we were playing against one of his kids in a tournament in Penticton.  We kicked the hell out of them in the A final, they tried to goon it up and we kicked the hell out of them there too.  After the game, a bunch of their players came storming down the hallway, swinging sticks, I stopped them and RF came down, accusing myself and my coaches of being physical with their kids.  He took a swing and, being a good 4 inches shorter and 40-50 lbs lighter than me, I gave him a pretty good beat down.  He was a total douche and instead of trying to be reasonable and in the face of all evidence that his team was 100% in the wrong, he started a fight amongst the coaches and parents.  

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

nope, I was coaching midget AAA way back in 2004 and we were playing against one of his kids in a tournament in Penticton.  We kicked the hell out of them in the A final, they tried to goon it up and we kicked the hell out of them there too.  After the game, a bunch of their players came storming down the hallway, swinging sticks, I stopped them and RF came down, accusing myself and my coaches of being physical with their kids.  He took a swing and, being a good 4 inches shorter and 40-50 lbs lighter than me, I gave him a pretty good beat down.  He was a total douche and instead of trying to be reasonable and in the face of all evidence that his team was 100% in the wrong, he started a fight amongst the coaches and parents.  

you beat up Ray Ferraro? lol

52 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lol fantastic. 

Not sure why hockey parents on average are so brutal but man it’s savage. I witnessed as many fights in the stands growing up as there was in the ice. Just idiots galore. 

Zone entries are so frustrating to watch.  We need to work on shorter passes and trying to enter the zone in the middle of the ice not on the boards.  

I'd like to see; PP1 Boeser(Ovi spot), Ganger (Slot), Eriksson (Net front), Del Zotto, Baer (Boards)

PP2: Vanek (Ovi Spot), Henrik (Slot), Horvat (Net Front), Pouliot, Granlund (Boards)

Rational: Boeser and Vanek can both shoot the puck better than anyone else on the team.  Put them in a spot to use it.  Horvat and Eriksson both have proven to work well in tight spots and are smart players around the net.  Del Zotto and Pouliot both are able to move the puck quickly and skate well and have a flair for offense.  Ganger and Henrik are both good distributors of the puck.  Henrik is fairly useless on the boards so perhaps he might be more effective in a spot where he cannot hang on to the puck for the entire power play.  As for Granlund and Baertschi, both can win puck battles on the boards can pass the puck and shoot if they see the opportunity.  

Watching the Power Play against Vegas was so painful.  Please try something different.  

Ferraro is one of few guys I care to listen too on the radio or tv. He’s knows what’s up.

splitting the Sedins up would force them to be more subjective with the puck instead of looking for each other 

doubt we’ll see it for any length of time. Maybe a one off, if that. 

On 14/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, Lancaster said:

The problem has already been that they have no one to shoot.

Playmakers:  Henrik, Daniel, Gagne

Net-front Presence:  Vanek

Plus a defenseman that can't/doesn't shoot anymore in Edler.  

That's our main issue. If they insist on letting Henrik QB the PP, why not make him try doing it from behind the net? Everyone knows he isn't going to shoot it anyways, this would give us better one time shot options. Just a thought...

20 hours ago, ThaShady1 said:

Lol fantastic. 

Not sure why hockey parents on average are so brutal but man it’s savage. I witnessed as many fights in the stands growing up as there was in the ice. Just idiots galore. 

his kid was one of the main instigators, total dumbass

39 minutes ago, aGENT said:

IMO:

PP1

Daniel, Horvat, Vanek

Boeser, Pouliot

PP2

Baer, Hank, Eriksson

MDZ, Gagner/Stech (when back)

But CDC needs to stop acting like changes like this will make some earth shattering difference. It's probably the difference between our PP running at +/-16% now vs +/-17% then :lol:

My PP thoughts from the PGT ^. People should note the bolded though!

On 11/15/2017 at 12:43 PM, Erik Karlsson said:

D.Sedin-Horvat(net)-H.Sedin

Boeser-Pouliot

Baertschi-Vanek(net)-Gagner

Virtanen-Edler

it's as simple as that really

I'd also like to see Virt maybe get a chance on the point as well later this season. Still work to be done to get there... leave that PP time 'carrot' hanging up there for now :lol:

On 11/14/2017 at 11:24 AM, Rush17 said:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/ferraro-canuck-pp-makes-you-want-to-poke-your-eyes-out-1.914520

listened to this in the shower this morning.  Ray Ferraro talks how he would change the PP and it includes splitting the Sedins.  

maybe we should hire ray to be our pp coach lol.   what he suggests is actually really interesting.  please give it a listen and share your thoughts if u think it would work!

Chemistry and Splitting the Sedins

By JamesB, November 2 in Canucks Talk 

1. 1. Is it time to split up the Sedins

• Keep the Sedins together.

• Keep them together 5 on 5 but split them up on the PP

• Keep them together on the PP but split them up 5 on 5

• Split up the Sedins for 5-on-5 and on the PP

• Other

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/384232-chemistry-and-splitting-the-sedins/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-14137337

Thought we already had a thread for this.

58 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Chemistry and Splitting the Sedins

By JamesB, November 2 in Canucks Talk 

1. 1. Is it time to split up the Sedins

• Keep the Sedins together.

• Keep them together 5 on 5 but split them up on the PP

• Keep them together on the PP but split them up 5 on 5

• Split up the Sedins for 5-on-5 and on the PP

• Other

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/384232-chemistry-and-splitting-the-sedins/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-14137337

Thought we already had a thread for this.

similar subject yes.  i noticed that one after the fact.   the post was more to share rays opinion anyways. 

good to have all of our angles covered. ive been participating in both myself. 

22 hours ago, stawns said:

That sounds like something Ferraro would do. What an assclown. You know when an eternal douchebag in Glenn Healy calls you a "Big Ball of Hate".......

As much as the Sedins do need to improve on the Powerplay I think more blame has to go to the defence for their complete inability to be a threat to the opposition. 

Our lack of productivity from the defence or even the ability to get a shot on net which makes it difficult for both PP units. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That sounds like something Ferraro would do. What an assclown. You know when an eternal douchebag in Glenn Healy calls you a "Big Ball of Hate".......

I’m surprised at the RF hate. He has strong opinions (which I don’t always agree with) and insight into the game that few local media types possess. Yeah he’s not great and is a total hothead but he’s way better than most of the hacks we have to listen to and read around here.

Way rather have a beer and talk hockey with him than just about any other stooge from 1040, The Province or CA.

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

As much as the Sedins do need to improve on the Powerplay I think more blame has to go to the defence for their complete inability to be a threat to the opposition. 

Our lack of productivity from the defence or even the ability to get a shot on net which makes it difficult for both PP units. 

Definitely agree.  I've wondered if it's worth putting Gudbranson on the point. I'm assuming a big dude like him can shoot the puck hard. Even if he isn't getting his shots through he might at least scare a few people from stepping in front of his shot. 

Just now, stuman491 said:

Definitely agree.  I've wondered if it's worth putting Gudbranson on the point. I'm assuming a big dude like him can shoot the puck hard. Even if he isn't getting his shots through he might at least scare a few people from stepping in front of his shot. 

I'm open to any new ideas because that status quo has been terrible for 3 seasons now 

Just now, Salacious Crumb said:

I’m surprised at the RF hate. He has strong opinions (which I don’t always agree with) and insight into the game that few local media types possess. Yeah he’s not great and is a total hothead but he’s way better than most of the hacks we have to listen to and read around here.

Way rather have a beer and talk hockey with him than just about any other stooge from 1040, The Province or CA.

I've heard similar stories to what stawns referred to when people approach him around town.

He has a player's insight into the game which is far more valuable than that of the talking heads of the media outlets you mentioned. I agree with that.

Just heard that the guy is a real asshole in person.

Archived