The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Mike Cammalleri to Oilers for Jussi Jokinen

There may be more to come I guess.  TSN was just talking about lots of trade rumours heating up ahead of the GM meeting, and that forward help is what is scarce (which is unusual... normally it is D).

Maybe time to consider whether to listen on Vanek and Granlund.  If you can get a decent return, we have the depth to replace them with not too much drop off and it might ease our veteran logjam in Utica.

Granlund would probably be really attractive as someone who is cheap, can play centre or wing, has a bunch of goals last season, and can also be used in a shutdown capacity.  It is the same reason he is valuable to us, but we are in a situation where if we flip him for something with a higher ceiling that works too.  We have plenty of middle 6 players on the roster and coming up through the system.  We can't keep them all, or there are no holes for kids to slot into.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

There may be more to come I guess.  TSN was just talking about lots of trade rumours heating up ahead of the GM meeting, and that forward help is what is scarce (which is unusual... normally it is D).

Maybe time to consider whether to listen on Vanek and Granlund.  If you can get a decent return, we have the depth to replace them with not too much drop off and it might ease our veteran logjam in Utica.

Granlund would probably be really attractive as someone who is cheap, can play centre or wing, has a bunch of goals last season, and can also be used in a shutdown capacity.  It is the same reason he is valuable to us, but we are in a situation where if we flip him for something with a higher ceiling that works too.  We have plenty of middle 6 players on the roster and coming up through the system.  We can't keep them all, or there are no holes for kids to slot into.

think we need to keep granny and sign him relatively cheap. good 2 way forward, who can score when playing with better linemates. Burmi can go though, seems to be an easy pull from our lineup

5 minutes ago, Yotes said:

think we need to keep granny and sign him relatively cheap. good 2 way forward, who can score when playing with better linemates. Burmi can go though, seems to be an easy pull from our lineup

I actually think the opposite.  We have pumped up Granlund's value to what is probably an all-time high.

If Burmistrov is given those minutes instead, he can be extended for cheap and he has the talent to become a good asset as well.

I think our only way out of this morass is to keep taking players from the comparative scrap heap and giving them development time and premiere minutes so they look good as middle 6 players.  If you flip those kind of guys enough times you will hit the jackpot with a prospect or pick that turns into a star player.

Just now, Provost said:

I actually think the opposite.  We have pumped up Granlund's value to what is probably an all-time high.

If Burmistrov is given those minutes instead, he can be extended for cheap and he has the talent to become a good asset as well.

I think our only way out of this morass is to keep taking players from the comparative scrap heap and giving them development time and premiere minutes so they look good as middle 6 players.  If you flip those kind of guys enough times you will hit the jackpot with a prospect or pick that turns into a star player.

what is granny worth in your opinion?

Archived