The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Eriksson has been playing really well! Sedins best game of the year so far nice bounce back by Nilsson and Edler was solid tonight!

kdyea.gif

Eriksson's shaking off the rust, and Sedins are benefitting from their past experience with him.  I think Green should continue to manage their minutes to keep them fresh and effective.

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

1-2 without Tanev in the lineup.  

This Edler hate is ridiculous.  

We lose our best dman, and people blame it on the scapegoat.   Stupid

Poulliot and Edler have been a solid pairing the last two games. Chemistry found perhaps? I hope so. Great game and finish after a slacker start.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Best dman tonight, despite only 15 minutes -- second lowest after Biega.

After thinking about it, how did Benning manage to grab a top 4 defenseman for a career AHL'er/fringe NHL depth guy (whatever he is) in Pedan? That has to be one of the best moves he's made as GM and in a few years might prove to be one of the biggest steals ever for this franchise.

I think another thing to know is that in his last 2 games as a lefthanded defenseman playing on the right side, he's posting better CF 5v5 which is above 70% in both.

Pouliot's going to be our next best defenseman. Keep him up for the rest of the year. A full season in the NHL will do wonders for this kid.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Read that the other day..he is passing the eye test but also the analytics test in a big way.  He has to stay in the line up if he keeps this up.  It's a good thing and opens up more trade possibilities to bring in scoring potentially.  

But with our injury luck the past few years it may all just work out.  Regardless this trade could work out big time down the road.  I doubt Pedan is ever a factor and guys who get that puck up the ice or skate it out like Pouliot has are rare. Kid is seems to have turned it around.  Just awesome to see :) 

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Because LA is a bigger physical team. So he was out quite a bit.

Yep.

Which is why Gudbranson should be given Edler's money. Gotta have that muscle against the Kings, otherwise we get pushed around in front of our net.

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Read that the other day..he is passing the eye test but also the analytics test in a big way.  He has to stay in the line up if he keeps this up.  It's a good thing and opens up more trade possibilities to bring in scoring potentially.  

But with our injury luck the past few years it may all just work out.  Regardless this trade could work out big time down the road.  I doubt Pedan is ever a factor and guys who get that puck up the ice or skate it out like Pouliot has are rare. Kid is seems to have turned it around.  Just awesome to see :) 

can't wait to see if he can sustain it after 40 games. It'll make TDL day pretty interesting. 

I liked Pedan for what he was, he did have a lot of heart, but he's likely a career AHL/KHL player. 

Archived