The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Funny how d-men play better with Edler as a partner.

He's still a frustrating player to watch.

Just when you think he's simplifying his game and playing solid, he does something stupid like cough up the puck at the line or take a bad penalty.

Props to him for saving a goal tonight though.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

After thinking about it, how did Benning manage to grab a top 4 defenseman for a career AHL'er/fringe NHL depth guy (whatever he is) in Pedan? That has to be one of the best moves he's made as GM and in a few years might prove to be one of the biggest steals ever for this franchise.

I think another thing to know is that in his last 2 games as a lefthanded defenseman playing on the right side, he's posting better CF 5v5 which is above 70% in both.

Pouliot's going to be our next best defenseman. Keep him up for the rest of the year. A full season in the NHL will do wonders for this kid.

He can't be sent down. Will have to clear waiver. He couldn't crack PITs lineup.

Rutherford said he wanted to do the right thing by Pouliot and give him a chance to play somewhere else instead of having him sit on the press box. 

Relationships matter and Rutherford is an old school guy. I'm sure he has a very good relationship with Benning. PIT wants to add more truculence and physicality into their lineup. So the liked Pedan, plus a 4th rounder I think. 

They traded with STL to pick up Reeves at draft. Gave up a 1st round pick. They been trying to get bigger and tougher. 

12 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Good win but damn those last five mins were all LA,nillson came up huge

Canucks can never seem to pot an empty netter.  I swear if teams noticed how bad they are at getting those they'd pull the goalie way earlier.

Wow.

Sutter with precisely 0% offensive zone starts.

Finishes with a corsi of 45.5%.   That is literally unreal.

Gaunce and Dorsett obviously with comparable underlying numbers.

And here's the problem for corsi gazers:  they can look at that figure - 45.5% - and conclude that Sutter was outshot, and conclude things like 'Sutter isn't as good as shot supression"  and "shot generation" as his opponents - and it's absolutely absurd.

Pouliot impresses me more and more every game.  What a heist that looks like at this point.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He's still a frustrating player to watch.

Just when you think he's simplifying his game and playing solid, he does something stupid like cough up the puck at the line or take a bad penalty.

Props to him for saving a goal tonight though.

That penalty wouldn't have happened if the old boys club didn't instruct the ref to keep the puck in! Down with the old boys club! 

They tried but they couldn't keep us down tonight! 

Us against the world as usual and we come out on top! Woo! 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep.

Which is why Gudbranson should be given Edler's money. Gotta have that muscle against the Kings, otherwise we get pushed around in front of our net.

Ya, I think he's gonna end up signing here. 4 years around 4 mill per year. 

Just look at what Dorsey did after the 1st LA goal. Those things can't be measured in stats but it's huge for a team. Gudbranson is needed here. Even as a 3rd pair guy when all Dmen are healthy. But he can play 2nd pair and against physical teams he's desperately needed to play big minutes as he was tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Pouliot is such a beast. Can't believe we got him for Pedan..

Pedan plus a 4th rounder. Both teams knew Pouliot was an upgrade over Pedan, but it's still looking like the 4th could be not nearly enough to make the deal even. He's playing well.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Pedan plus a 4th rounder. Both teams knew Pouliot was an upgrade over Pedan, but it's still looking like the 4th could be not nearly enough to make the deal even. He's playing well.

i agree but ill go further...There is no way a 4th makes the deal even. A 4th isn't worth much. It's a throw in.

I'd pay a lottery protected 1st and Pedan today if I was another team. 

This is a steal of a trade.

Archived