The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Impressive win...

Not gunna lie, I counted them out after this first 10 minutes

I think most people did. But that was one of the best games i seen this team play this year. Very entertaining and hard working team tonight. 

Sedins and Loui really showed leadership. 

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm gonna give him the benefit of a doubt and guess he was joking with the "Tony Stretcher". I'm pretty sure it was used as his name once by a mistake by a fan or something.

I guess you guys missed the pre game segment last season. That's Troy stetcher's nickname....

3 minutes ago, LarsEller said:

Thats what I meant by slow. He takes ages to decide what to do and because of that he is always 2 steps behind the play when he is up against nhl competition. Its a problem that can't be fixed or coached out. 

THis is a great analysis of Pedan's game imho. I'm no expert on him, only wathced him play in NHL games and maybe a few AHL games. But this is sums up my feelings. 

He doesn't process the game fast enough to be a regular NHLer

I like Nilsson's ability to settle in after questionable goals.

Him and Marky seem to have the ability to stay focused and bounce back. A great quality in a goaltender.

Once he started making those big stops, you could tell the team regained their confidence and were able to take more chances.

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Anyone think Green read the riot act between the first and second periods?

Nah, They turned it around half way into the 1st so riot act stayed in the filing cabinet. He would have had they not had a very good second half of that 1st period.

Another poor start by the Canucks which they actually managed to dig themselves out of. And why? The Sedins. I critiqued their play last game, but they certainly showed up tonight, and nothing would delight me more than to see them finish the season strong. Because no one wants to see great players limp out the rest of their career. Please, please Daniel & Henrik, finish strong!

Horvat's line played well, as did Thomas Vanek. Speaking of Vanek it continues to astound me how little ice time Coach Green seems to give this guy, and yet he's still one of the best players out there. I thought Brandon Sutter had a good game, almost scoring on that chance, even if his penalty shot was nothing to write home about. Nilsson bounced back after that early softie, and he had two very tough tests in the last 5 minutes of the game to preserve the tie. The D played well too. They didn't allow a whole lot of quality chances against, and were passing the puck up to the forwards effectively. And although there were a couple soft plays getting the pucks out of the d-zone I think that was mostly forwards with the soft plays. 

Great team effort to not let themselves get rattled and come back from being down 2-0. But personally I can't feel too high about this victory, because of the third poor start in a row, and the two previous efforts. Prove me wrong boys!

Archived