The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Rule..Butterfly-BAN!

Nuxfanabroad

17 hours ago, Green Building said:

Why not, we also need the game to be faster so all forms of stopping are banned. You are now like the bus in Speed and must maintain a minimum velocity of 15 km/h every time you step on the ice or else your skate blades fall off.

Maybe introduce a thing where the goalie gets points by avoiding shots which are on goal, and the opposition gets points if they can hit the goalie with a shot? Kind of like a shots on "goalie" stat?

regards,  G.

16 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

'Tenders like Rogie, Parent, Cheevers/Gilbert & Palmateer were so darned acrobatic. I really enjoyed watching all the diff teams & goalies. btw, great ol pics

Johnny Bower... Gilles Meloche!! That guy would routinely face over 40 - 50 shots a game.

regards,  G.

4 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Johnny Bower... Gilles Meloche!! That guy would routinely face over 40 - 50 shots a game.

regards,  G.

Denis Herron

Phil Myre

Doug Soetart

Reggie Lemelin

Don Beaupre

Mario Lessard

These kinda' guys would have GAA around 3.5 ~ 4.00! All a blast from the past.

9 hours ago, chon derry said:

No  jonathan quick 6'1"   cory Crawford 6'2" Henrik lundquist 6'1" Braydon holtby 6'2"    cory scnieder 6'3"   marc andre fluery6'2"  less recently tim Thomas 5' 11"   martin brodeur 6'2"  these goal tenders aren't any bigger or better than goalies in the past ,   being big and being good are two different things.  Esposito, or grant fuhr, could definantly  play in todays game.   carey price ,pikka rinne , ben bishop are  'big,good'   goalies but there certainly not the majority.  then i'll steer the argument to which canucks team was better the 94 or 2011 version  after utubing and refreshing my memory,watching  both series i'll take the 94 team all day long ,as for the speed of todays game check out the 87 oilers team on utube . overall todays game is bigger and faster ,but I haven't  forgotten how good some of the  players and goalies of the past were in comparison.

Not saying they couldn't play. I'm saying they probably would never get the chance...

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't get it. You think Grant Fuhr is part of "today's NHL"?:unsure:

no in his prime the way he played in comparison he's as good as any current goaltender if not better, so yes he could play in todays nhl game., he's not 6'5" but neither are the examples I posted either.

Just now, chon derry said:

no in his prime the way he played in comparison he's as good as any current goaltender if not better, so yes he could play in todays nhl game., he's not 6'5" but neither are the examples I posted either.

My point is (and always has been) that a guy that size would likely get passed over in the draft, because the trend in today's NHL is to draft taller goalies.

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My point is (and always has been) that a guy that size would likely get passed over in the draft, because the trend in today's NHL is to draft taller goalies.

its a bigger faster harder game but  good is good regardless of height and every year smaller guys get drafted . obvious the trend is towards bigger goal tenders ,but I don't see that there any better because of it, when comparing to smaller more athletic goalies of the past. I listed 5 of nhl.com's current top ten goalies and of the 5 scnieder was the tallest of the smallest 6'3"

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

its a bigger faster harder game but  good is good regardless of height and every year smaller guys get drafted . obvious the trend is towards bigger goal tenders ,but I don't see that there any better because of it, when comparing to smaller more athletic goalies of the past. I listed 5 of nhl.com's current top ten goalies and of the 5 scnieder was the tallest of the smallest 6'3"

Didn't say they were better. I only said that small goalies have a tougher time making an NHL roster because of bias towards bigger goalies.

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Didn't say they were better. I only said that small goalies have a tougher time making an NHL roster because of bias towards bigger goalies.

markstromes size never helped him tonite....:P any way this little hick towns to small for this..theres enuf crap happinin around here ,so I hear.

• 11 months later...
On 2017-11-16 at 12:04 AM, Green Building said:

Why not, we also need the game to be faster so all forms of stopping are banned. You are now like the bus in Speed and must maintain a minimum velocity of 15 km/h every time you step on the ice or else your skate blades fall off.

I am all for banning the stopping of the puck by the defensive team in the Trapezoid.  

I hate when a player skates behind his own net and just holds the puck, watching the teams change and get setup in their trap.  

No stopping got to keep it moving, would make goalies playing the puck more interesting too.

On 2018/11/12 at 11:32 PM, DrJockitch said:

I am all for banning the stopping of the puck by the defensive team in the Trapezoid.  

I hate when a player skates behind his own net and just holds the puck, watching the teams change and get setup in their trap.  

No stopping got to keep it moving, would make goalies playing the puck more interesting too.

Hey..1st I've heard this one. Thanks for an interesting idea to mull. Should we crash into each other at T Ho's, the fritter's on me!

Archived