The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks talking to Montreal? - *warning - Eklund*

Podz92

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, he is on pace for 50-60 points, but he hasn't gotten there yet, ever. His highest points were last year (35). I guess we'll see if he hits 60 this year.

Note that both of Baertschi's last two seasons were shortened by injury. Instead of reading 28 and 35 points, read "on pace for" 34 and 42 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit at least the high 40s or low 50s this year.

As long as no picks from us are involved... Hutton + Burmistrov + Gagner (French last name!)  For Galchenyuk

Galchenyuk - Horvat - Boeser

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Eriksson

Beartschi - Sutter - Granlund

Vanek - Gaunce - Dorsett

Pouliot - Tanev

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

That looks sexyyyy

There's no stock in Eklund rumours.

However, as for the general idea of buying low on Galchenyuk? Hell yeah. A young guy with the skill and shot to score 30 goals already? We need more skill, especially for the PP.

Doubt we have what they'd be looking for, though. It wouldn't be just Hutton.

1 minute ago, Kelly Green said:

its all good , i really do think getting galchenyuk out of the locker room would be addition by subtraction at this point.

if it means losing on the return they still win

He's playing on a line with Drouin now and looking much more dangerous.  There's no reports of him being a locker room issue. The issue Julien has had with him is his defensive play. I don't see a team that struggling to score goals taking a bath on one of their most skilled offensive players just to "get him out of the room". They arent desperate to move him. If they do it will be a legit hockey trade. 

19 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

No GM would be desperate are dumb enough to accept your proposal.  Just like my counter proposal is completely ridiculous 

You may want to review what the Hab GM has done the last 3 years or so.If anything , there is always a possibility it the GM has the Will to make a deal.

For me I see Granlund as a deal maker as he is more versatile player.

Galchenyuk playing style would be a complement in western conference play , he needs a change of address now it would seem he is the target .

no more than a third pick going to Montreal an throw in the undersized French D stuck on our farm .

5 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

You may want to review what the Hab GM has done the last 3 years or so.If anything , there is always a possibility it the GM has the Will to make a deal.

For me I see Granlund as a deal maker as he is more versatile player.

Galchenyuk playing style would be a complement in western conference play , he needs a change of address now it would seem he is the target .

no more than a third pick going to Montreal an throw in the undersized French D stuck on our farm .

I suggest you take your own advice.  I haven't been a fan of any of Bergevins moves. But they're all been 1-1 deals. Not selling off a player for a collection of lessor assets.  Granlund is a nice player. But he's not the high skill forward Montreal would be looking for in return. 

59 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

As long as no picks from us are involved... Hutton + Burmistrov + Gagner (French last name!)  For Galchenyuk

Vanek - Gaunce - Dorsett

Pouliot - Tanev

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

That looks sexyyyy

If JB pulled that of, they should give him a 10 year contact instantly...

58 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Vanek - Gaunce - Dorsett

Pouliot - Tanev

Edler - Stecher

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

That looks sexyyyy

Tasty deal here.

I'd consider: Hutton, Granny, Gagner & Brisebois

Gal & Juulsen

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I suggest you take your own advice.  I haven't been a fan of any of Bergevins moves. But they're all been 1-1 deals. Not selling off a player for a collection of lessor assets.  Granlund is a nice player. But he's not the high skill forward Montreal would be looking for in return. 

Thanks for tips 

I will . I am absolutely no fan of Bergevin also .

rational on Granlund is he does not need high skilled line mates to score or complement his offence , however when he does have them on line he does have multiple point game potential an has better D than Galchenyuk . We would have to rebuild his Defensive 2 game back up ? . All in all it is a interesting excercise . I really don’t expect or hope for this deal to happen.

5 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

So didn't see this here yet. But this morning Eklund has posted that the Canucks are talking to Montreal, apparently about Galchenyuk. He mentions Ben Hutton as someone the Canucks might move...but it is Eklund so take it for what it's worth...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Canucks-talking-to-Montreal-Buffalo-and-NYR-Are-they-Buyers/1/88936

too early in the morning almost forgot the link 

thanks for the latest gossip.  id love to move hutton for a guy like gal.  would give us more offense upfront and help with  logjam on d. to me the pouliot trade put the warning signs on the wall for hutton if you ask me.

id love to get another skilled forward up front. 1 more would make us alot deeper. bring it on eklund!

go nux go

Archived