The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks talking to Montreal? - *warning - Eklund*

Podz92

Pouliot has suddenly made Hutton pretty expendable, which is a good thing.  Shorter body of work, but Pouliot has a huge added advantage of being able to play both sides well.  We have no one else who can do that, and that is really limiting.

There also has to be room for Juolevi in the mix, so even if this isn't the trade.... Hutton is probably not with us next season.  I also assume Gudbranson is traded or leaves for nothing as his time here hasn't exactly been a stellar point in his career.

Edler-Tanev

Del Zotto-Pouliot

Juolevi-Stecher

Holm-Chatfield

Brisebois-Subban

Cederholm-Mceneny

Not stellar, but there are always depth veteran guys and maybe even a free agent signing or trade.

I saw a tweet yesterday before the game with Vegas that there were two Montreal scouts on the list for the game.  Not sure that means anything as they probably attend a lot of games just on speculation.   Trying to find the tweet now.  Will edit to add if I can find it.  

9 hours ago, gobi said:

I think Edler may also get traded either at tdl or offseason depending if we make the playoffs or not. 

I hope to god Edler does get traded. He just can not be re-signed so hopefully we can get some value from him. When Tanev comes back they should just bench him until he waives his NTC, so we could trade him.

22 hours ago, qwijibo said:

He's playing on a line with Drouin now and looking much more dangerous.  There's no reports of him being a locker room issue. The issue Julien has had with him is his defensive play. I don't see a team that struggling to score goals taking a bath on one of their most skilled offensive players just to "get him out of the room". They arent desperate to move him. If they do it will be a legit hockey trade. 

I don't remember where I read it, but reports are that Gal might have a drug or alcohol issue going on, and that's why he's been struggling and falling out of favour. 

Now, if reports are true, do you reclaim a project with these types of issues? 

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

I hope to god Edler does get traded. He just can not be re-signed so hopefully we can get some value from him. When Tanev comes back they should just bench him until he waives his NTC, so we could trade him.

Unprofessional...which makes it extremely unlikely. 

9 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I don't remember where I read it, but reports are that Gal might have a drug or alcohol issue going on, and that's why he's been struggling and falling out of favour. 

Now, if reports are true, do you reclaim a project with these types of issues? 

Nah, we haven't had any success with helping these guys in the past. 

14 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Unprofessional...which makes it extremely unlikely. 

Who really gives a damn about looking "unprofessional". Other teams do what it takes to win and thats it!

Look at Chicago, trading away key players, some who were detrimental factors in them winning the Cups they've won. They do what it takes to stay competitive and If that means not looking professional by benching a player who doesn't give us the best chance to win then so be it!

I feel like thats the situational with our goalie choices. Playing Markstrom so much beause he is our "no 1", as far as I am concerned he hasn't proven to be a number 1 yet. Remember how AV didn't wanna look unprofessional by playing Schneider in game 6 of the finals because "Luongos our #1" knowing damn well he is horrible in Boston.

If gotta sit Edler, then sit em.

3 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Who really gives a damn about looking "unprofessional". Other teams do what it takes to win and thats it!

Look at Chicago, trading away key players, some who were detrimental factors in them winning the Cups they've won. They do what it takes to stay competitive and If that means not looking professional by benching a player who doesn't give us the best chance to win then so be it!

I feel like thats the situational with our goalie choices. Playing Markstrom so much beause he is our "no 1", as far as I am concerned he hasn't proven to be a number 1 yet. Remember how AV didn't wanna look unprofessional by playing Schneider in game 6 of the finals because "Luongos our #1" knowing damn well he is horrible in Boston.

those are nice looking jersey mock-ups you got there

17 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Professional hockey players and the agents who represent them, that's who.

Total bush league scenario which won't happen so the point is moot regardless. 

If we can get Galchenyuk and a 2nd or 3rd for Hutton, I think that would be a hard deal to pass up. When Stecher returns, we are going to be pretty loaded on the back end. Pouliot plays a similar style to Hutton anyway. Although this deal would create problems at forward with too much depth there.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:18 AM, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Apart from Vey, I agree that Bennings trades for low value players who have turned it around has worked out great for us however its always been to fill a need on the team. We picked up Baertschi and Granlund as we were weak up front then, this year we needed a PMD and filled that with Pouliot. I just don't see where Galchenyuk fits into our lineup currently and believe that the asking price will still be fairly high from Montreal.

Bergevin is in trouble over there and needs to hit a homerun with his next trade/move or he'll be looking for a new job before the end of the year.  

&^@# Berg! Still mad how he flossed Benning for tampering on PK Subban and then traded him less than a week later.

Burn that franchise down serves those entitled pricks right.

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

&^@# Berg! Still mad how he flossed Benning for tampering on PK Subban and then traded him less than a week later.

Burn that franchise down serves those entitled pricks right.

Under the rules Benning DID tamper, Yzerman lodged a complaint at the same time.  Not sure why people seem to forget that fact

15 hours ago, theo5789 said:

If we can get Galchenyuk and a 2nd or 3rd for Hutton, I think that would be a hard deal to pass up. When Stecher returns, we are going to be pretty loaded on the back end. Pouliot plays a similar style to Hutton anyway. Although this deal would create problems at forward with too much depth there.

How  is Hutton worth Galchenyuk? Let alone them adding a pick on top?

Hmmm I see a fit between Canucks and Montreal for sure.

Loui + Markstrom for Price (1.5 million retained) 

Get that ugly 10.5 mill off the books and Loui's 4 more years is way better than prices 8 more (come end of this year)

#CapManagement.  

Archived