The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks talking to Montreal? - *warning - Eklund*

Podz92

16 minutes ago, apollo said:

Hmmm I see a fit between Canucks and Montreal for sure.

Loui + Markstrom for Price (1.5 million retained) 

Get that ugly 10.5 mill off the books and Loui's 4 more years is way better than prices 8 more (come end of this year)

#CapManagement.  

Don't be ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Don't be ridiculous 

Why? 10.5 million over 8 years? 

Or do you think 3.77 GAA and 0.877 SV% are 10.5 mill cap hit worthy numbers? 

He's got his big contract and now he's in chill mode. He needs a change. He's unhappy with Montreal since they traded buddy PK. 

He needs to come home to BC to get his game back in order. 

TBH though I wouldn't go after him. I'd rather try and trade for Luongo or possibly even Miller. Get some competent goalies up in this joint! Ayyoooooooo! 

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Why? 10.5 million over 8 years? 

Or do you think 3.77 GAA and 0.877 SV% are 10.5 mill cap hit worthy numbers? 

He's got his big contract and now he's in chill mode. He needs a change. He's unhappy with Montreal since they traded buddy PK. 

He needs to come home to BC to get his game back in order. 

TBH though I wouldn't go after him. I'd rather try and trade for Luongo or possibly even Miller. Get some competent goalies up in this joint! Ayyoooooooo! 

Sure. Base his worth on a 10 game stretch where he was hurt. If he agreed to be traded it wouldn't be for a cap dump and a 1B goalie. 

20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Sure. Base his worth on a 10 game stretch where he was hurt. If he agreed to be traded it wouldn't be for a cap dump and a 1B goalie. 

10.5 mill cap broski ... 8 more years... 

23 year old Lindgren came in and won Montreal some games. Something Price couldn't do. 

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

10.5 mill cap broski ... 8 more years... 

23 year old Lindgren came in and won Montreal some games. Something Price couldn't do. 

Again.  Basing his value on a SHORT stretch of games is just stupid.  Price is still one of the best goaltenders in the world.  

8 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I think it was when he said Bieksa was going to a California team.

Hmmm speaking of Bieksa... I think if he put on goalie pads, he probably would have got Montreal more wins than Price did this year :lol:

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Again.  Basing his value on a SHORT stretch of games is just stupid.  Price is still one of the best goaltenders in the world.  

Not really... Price "was" one of the best goaltenders in the world. Currently, is not. 

6 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

He’s dealing with alchohol issues right now, or so I’ve been told. 

BEER ME! Tbh I don't drink much anymore... definitely not like I used to. Had some health issues earlier this year and doctor told me to cut back. Maybe once a week I actually get "drunk"... but not plastered like before. It's usually a weekend night. Might have a beer or glass of wine here or there but that's about it otherwise. 

Maybe I'm drunk on Brock 'N Rolla?! 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:18 AM, apollo said:

Hmmm I see a fit between Canucks and Montreal for sure.

Loui + Markstrom for Price (1.5 million retained) 

Get that ugly 10.5 mill off the books and Loui's 4 more years is way better than prices 8 more (come end of this year)

#CapManagement.  

thats idiotic. We don't need a goalie when we will have Demko making league min. while others like Boeser and Petersson will need big contracts down the road. We need a #1D not a goalie.

Archived