The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luke Witkowski suspended 10 games

6 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Funny thing is every rule is black and white.  The league and refs just allow a lot of grey area by not enforcing the rule book as it is written.

The 10 game suspension is called by the DoPS has nothing to do with the refs.

Although I agree reffing is terribly inconsistent league wide. Though I believe its more incompetence + a very difficult game to officiate than any kind of conspiracy. 

I was watching the 3rd period and really enjoyed it. It's a shame these two teams don't play again this year... 

I really hate watching refs break up fights. What is this, soccer? 

I'm now a Witkowski fan, love how he stood up for Booth. David was giving him a tap too... I think he should appeal. It should be reduced to 5 games and Tkachuk should get some games too. 

The joke in all of this was that Calgary came out shorthanded 5 minutes for what Tkachuk did... 

Yet Mantha got nothing for attempting to murder Hamonic. 

Athanasiou did enough to make Hamonic lose that fight... it's too bad Abdelkader stopped him from getting more involved, woulda loved to seen a bigger brawl. 

Ferkland should get something too... although gotta love him if you're a flames fan

Looks like Upchuck said something pretty convincing to get Witkowski back onto the ice. As a player he knows what the automatic penalty for that is...

The refs were pretty quick to kick Witkowski out, yet Upchuck and that gang of window-lickers can all stand around there screaming like banshees and not also get shown the gate.

That's poor "game management" by the officials and made the situation worse as a result.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

hes getting punished for having to manly of a beard lol.

it looks badass though, i wouldn't mind having a $&!# disturber like him on the team.

trade Labate for him or something and call him up vs calgary just to troll them. lol

I said it during his draft year and post.  Mantha is an absolute beauty wish we could get him.

A part of me wants to draft Tkachuks brother this year so we can watch him pummel that rat from Calgary 5 times a year.  Apparently Brady is meaner larger and has a history of dusting up his brother since he grew some size on him from when they were kids.

Remarkable that det comes out of this as the loser though, 10 games or not.  Nobody from Calgary getting anything more than a phone hearing (inevitable fine) for their actions is crap

Just now, Warhippy said:

I said it during his draft year and post.  Mantha is an absolute beauty wish we could get him.

A part of me wants to draft Tkachuks brother this year so we can watch him pummel that rat from Calgary 5 times a year.  Apparently Brady is meaner larger and has a history of dusting up his brother since he grew some size on him from when they were kids.

Remarkable that det comes out of this as the loser though, 10 games or not.  Nobody from Calgary getting anything more than a phone hearing (inevitable fine) for their actions is crap

To be fair though, last night was by FAR Witkowski's biggest contribution to the Wings this season. He's generously, their Biega. They'll manage just fine without him for 10 games.

22 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Ive never actually heard of this guy till now..is he a career ahler or what? 

Was a depth player on Tampa. Basically similar to a 'Biega'. Good 'young-vet' who works hard, can fill in as 13F or 7/8D, brings some toughness but otherwise isn't likely to play more than 20 +/- games.

Archived