The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luke Witkowski suspended 10 games

44 minutes ago, samurai said:

You don't care about it but comment on it, and then seem to think outside incidents are related?  

Show me where I said I didn't care about it? You said "Werenksi didn't get it did he". Now, I assumed you were referring to Werenski failing to know the rule before returning to the ice and yeah, I mean exactly what I said. Who cares what he understands about it? His emotions got the better of him, but the league rules say he gets 10 for an incident that could have been ugly but wasn't, while predatory/dangerous hits/actions are penalized at random.

Player safety is all related. Savvy yet partner?

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Automatic for coming back on the ice.

Yes, there's a lot of stuff that should get stronger penalties and suspensions that don't. They need to be a little more consistent all around, but this one was automatic.

Remember, Bertuzzi got tagged for 10 games as well, for leaving the bench to defend Jovo. Funny enough though, when Bert came back his production suddenly exploded.

After my reply, noticing all the other replies that were already saying most of the same. Not trying to overkill the point.

Yes to everything, man. I know.

WASN'T THAT USELESS BOOB OF A REF YA I'M TALKING TO YOU KELLY SUTHERLAND INVOLVED, NO WONDER.

THAT GUY IS A BLIGHT ON THE PROFESSION.JUST ANOTHER BAD CALL.

WAIT A MINUTE OR TWO FOR THINGS TO CALM DOWN, THEN USHER PLAYERS OFF TO THE DRESSING ROOMS.DUH!

PROBLEM SOLVED WITHOUT THE SUSPENSIONS AND ALL.

WHAT A BOOB.

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

I watched the video a few times and just saw Gudas dumbass take chop at the Jets players head. 

The NHL needs to drug test the guys who are raging often and immediately after these situations. 

NHL needs some more line brawls, but Gudas play was a bitch move.

1 hour ago, DADDYROCK said:

WASN'T THAT USELESS BOOB OF A REF YA I'M TALKING TO YOU KELLY SUTHERLAND INVOLVED, NO WONDER.

THAT GUY IS A BLIGHT ON THE PROFESSION.JUST ANOTHER BAD CALL.

WAIT A MINUTE OR TWO FOR THINGS TO CALM DOWN, THEN USHER PLAYERS OFF TO THE DRESSING ROOMS.DUH!

PROBLEM SOLVED WITHOUT THE SUSPENSIONS AND ALL.

WHAT A BOOB.

WHY ARE WE YELLING!?!?!

19 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

The 10 game suspension is called by the DoPS has nothing to do with the refs.

Although I agree reffing is terribly inconsistent league wide. Though I believe its more incompetence + a very difficult game to officiate than any kind of conspiracy. 

Lol definitely agree with you there.  I do not buy in to conspiracy theories and sports.  What I would really like to see is an eye in the sky like Rugby has.  During play stoppages the Ref in the press box sends messages to the on ice officials telling them to warn players about infractions that were let go.  That way players know they won't get away with it if the on ice ref didn't see it.  Perhaps it is too hard to enforce, but I think it would go a long way to having a game that is more black and white.

4 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

It really is a shame that, somehow, Witkowski will end up suspended for several games more than Radko Gudas. Based purely on a technicality.

This exactly.

@Green Building @samurai

Nobody's arguing the rule. It's black and white. People are commenting on how bass-ackwards the DOPS is in regards to far more severe safety issues vs the 10 automatic games this comparatively innocuous event gets.

Anybody hear when RATkachuck's hearing is?

59 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The spearing infraction as he was leaving instigated a new altercation he responded to. He should have a right to protect himself as he's leaving the ice. The refs didn't.

IMO they should have to split the 10 games. Not going to happen but would be imminently fair IMO.

Archived