Ryan Strome

Who knew? Turns out the Harper government was actually terrific for wage growth

Recommended Posts

Conservative governments generally are better for economies.but usually cut social services which pisses of the minority who are always more vocal.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Trudeaus whole campaign is proven to pretty much be all fabricated nonsense. Nice hair though..

You need a shake up in government avery once in a while.Trudeau i no where near as bad as Trump politically but worse economically.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Violator said:

Conservative governments generally are better for economies.but usually cut social services which pisses of the minority who are always more vocal.

You simply do not know what you are talking about.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

As the saying goes "You don't know what you have until its gone". 

It was a big stinking ass..and i am glad it's gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Violator said:

Conservative governments generally are better for economies.but usually cut social services which pisses of the minority who are always more vocal.

 

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

It was a big stinking ass..and i am glad it's gone.

:ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...one year with a solid jump vs almost a decade of stagnation, increased prices, lost jobs, hyper low inflation, budget deficits, closed offices increased fees etc etc etc etc etc

 

It was time for the boy to go.  As evidenced by his now almost BILLION dollar Phoenix boondoggle which the Liberals are helping keep alive until they announced it's termination on Wednesday.

 

People can continue to nit pick small minor stats out of the entire picture but overall Harper did very little good for this country on the world stage or internally.

 

Who knew?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He also closed veteran service offices, didn't provide basic maintenance for military bases. Signed us on F-35's (that we are now looking for other options).

We lost food inspectors, environment officers. There has been no incentives to expand our industry into renewable energy, which is growing worldwide. 

No incentives to try to expand into diversifying our economy. Just stick to the 19th century and exploit our resources until we don't have any left. 

 

Good riddance. 

 

 

 

 

No he didn't, the Chretien government did.

 

Btw you will likely be disappointed as the military wants that jet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No he didn't, the Chretien government did.

 

Btw you will likely be disappointed as the military wants that jet. 

No Chretien didn't.

 

He signed us in to the R&D program that would possible see us purchase this fighter jet but also allowed us to enjoy the jobs and technology afforded from the creation of it.  He never once signed a piece of paper with intent to purchase.

 

We've done this already.  Like a dozen times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warhippy said:

So...one year with a solid jump vs almost a decade of stagnation, increased prices, lost jobs, hyper low inflation, budget deficits, closed offices increased fees etc etc etc etc etc

 

It was time for the boy to go.  As evidenced by his now almost BILLION dollar Phoenix boondoggle which the Liberals are helping keep alive until they announced it's termination on Wednesday.

 

People can continue to nit pick small minor stats out of the entire picture but overall Harper did very little good for this country on the world stage or internally.

 

Who knew?

that pesky worst recession in 70 years may have played a role. Well at least we were the envy of the g7 during that time. As for lost jobs and price increase I'm not sure I follow. Again that pesky recession. It's like when the left wants to defend Rae in Ontario they point out a recession, I'm not sure I agree as the ndp hasn't governed in Ontario since.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No Chretien didn't.

 

He signed us in to the R&D program that would possible see us purchase this fighter jet but also allowed us to enjoy the jobs and technology afforded from the creation of it.  He never once signed a piece of paper with intent to purchase.

 

We've done this already.  Like a dozen times.

You don't invest in development of a jet without buying it. The liberals and the Canadian military were purchasing this jet. That's fine if you don't like the jet but blaming the Harper government is ridiculous.

 

Btw you see the cost of 18 super hornets? Lmao what an expensive 4th generation sole-sourced fighter jet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan Strome said:

that pesky worst recession in 70 years may have played a role. Well at least we were the envy of the g7 during that time. As for lost jobs and price increase I'm not sure I follow. Again that pesky recession. It's like when the left wants to defend Rae in Ontario they point out a recession, I'm not sure I agree as the ndp hasn't governed in Ontario since.

The pesky recession he swore wasn't coming, the one he nearly sunk us with by trying to privatize the banking industry and mirror that ugly 40+ year amortization scam the americans were doing that fueled the sub prime disaster.

 

As for lost jobs I am sure you do follow.  Unless all of that is the fault of the NDP in Alberta and at no point in time did the Harper government rig the TFW rules which saw thousands of people thrown out of work in place of foreign help at lower wages.

 

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/its-getting-harder-for-harper-to-brag-about-his-record-on-jobs/

 

https://ipolitics.ca/2015/04/19/no-matter-how-you-add-it-up-harpers-fiscal-record-is-a-catastrophe/

 

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/05/18/news/harper-worst-prime-minister-history

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-stephen-harper-jobs-analysis-1.3254371

 

http://rabble.ca/news/harper-government-pushed-financial-deregulation

 

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/jim-flaherty-vs-mortgage-amortization/

 

I've stated numerous times.  I grew up very Conservative.  But Harper pushed not only myself but my parents towards independents and outside of party politics for good reason.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The pesky recession he swore wasn't coming, the one he nearly sunk us with by trying to privatize the banking industry and mirror that ugly 40+ year amortization scam the americans were doing that fueled the sub prime disaster.

 

As for lost jobs I am sure you do follow.  Unless all of that is the fault of the NDP in Alberta and at no point in time did the Harper government rig the TFW rules which saw thousands of people thrown out of work in place of foreign help at lower wages.

 

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/economicanalysis/its-getting-harder-for-harper-to-brag-about-his-record-on-jobs/

 

https://ipolitics.ca/2015/04/19/no-matter-how-you-add-it-up-harpers-fiscal-record-is-a-catastrophe/

 

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2015/05/18/news/harper-worst-prime-minister-history

 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2015-stephen-harper-jobs-analysis-1.3254371

 

http://rabble.ca/news/harper-government-pushed-financial-deregulation

 

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/ottawa/jim-flaherty-vs-mortgage-amortization/

 

I've stated numerous times.  I grew up very Conservative.  But Harper pushed not only myself but my parents towards independents and outside of party politics for good reason.  

You said lost jobs during his 10 years. What I bolded doesn't make sense, the ndp came to power in 2015 and the Conservatives lost in 2015. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You don't invest in development of a jet without buying it. The liberals and the Canadian military were purchasing this jet. That's fine if you don't like the jet but blaming the Harper government is ridiculous.

 

Btw you see the cost of 18 super hornets? Lmao what an expensive 4th generation sole-sourced fighter jet.

Actually you do.  Under the provisions in not only NAFTA but also NATO any country investing in a joint program is entitled to the economic spin offs and benefits as well as jobs from ensuing development by being able to bid on projects and aspects of the development.

 

But at no point in time was it an intent or obligation to purchase

 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/qa-all-you-need-to-know-before-the-f-35-debate-hits-parliament

 

Why did Canada become involved?
Jean Chretien’s Liberal government recognized in 1997 that Canada’s CF-18 fighter jets were approaching the end of their lives. By signing on to the U.S.-led project then and agreeing to continue participating in 2002, it ensured Canada would be able to influence the design while making Canadian companies eligible for contracts. Auditor-General Michael Ferguson’s report said that “securing industrial benefits for Canadian companies continued to be a driving motivation for participation” in 2002

 

What were the implications of those two decisions?
The Chretien government cut a cheque for $10.6-million in 1997. It wrote another for $100-million in 2002 and disbursed $50-million to help Canadian companies involved in the project. Neither decision obligated Canada to purchase any F-35s, but it did allow Canadian companies to bid on contracts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan Strome said:

You said lost jobs during his 10 years. What I bolded doesn't make sense, the ndp came to power in 2015 and the Conservatives lost in 2015. 

The fallacy that the NDP in Alberta cost hundreds of millions of people jobs, babies were eaten, gay kids roamed the streets without their parents knowing their orientation and that the carbon tax was so crippling it forced people to spend almost $4 to $10 a month extra on heating.

 

Come on man get with the times :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Actually you do.  Under the provisions in not only NAFTA but also NATO any country investing in a joint program is entitled to the economic spin offs and benefits as well as jobs from ensuing development by being able to bid on projects and aspects of the development.

 

But at no point in time was it an intent or obligation to purchase

 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/qa-all-you-need-to-know-before-the-f-35-debate-hits-parliament

 

Why did Canada become involved?
Jean Chretien’s Liberal government recognized in 1997 that Canada’s CF-18 fighter jets were approaching the end of their lives. By signing on to the U.S.-led project then and agreeing to continue participating in 2002, it ensured Canada would be able to influence the design while making Canadian companies eligible for contracts. Auditor-General Michael Ferguson’s report said that “securing industrial benefits for Canadian companies continued to be a driving motivation for participation” in 2002

 

What were the implications of those two decisions?
The Chretien government cut a cheque for $10.6-million in 1997. It wrote another for $100-million in 2002 and disbursed $50-million to help Canadian companies involved in the project. Neither decision obligated Canada to purchase any F-35s, but it did allow Canadian companies to bid on contracts.

Given the bolded part and the investment in development of the jet what does that tell you? Btw by 2019 the jet will be comparable in price to the super hornet.

 

This is also a silly argument Pm's are advised by their military leaders on what equipment best suits the military's needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.