The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Matthew Tkachuk suspended 1 game

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He plays for Flames!  He's a SELFISH PUNK, who hurts his team's chances of winning.  

:lol:

You're posting on a board of a team that had Matt Cooke AND Jarko Ruutu on the roster. Then went to the finals with Alex Burrows, Raffi Torres, and Max Lapierre. That team didn't seem to have much trouble winning.

Nothing wrong with punks...when they're on your team.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

:lol:

You're posting on a board of a team that had Matt Cooke AND Jarko Ruutu on the roster. Then went to the finals with Alex Burrows, Raffi Torres, and Max Lapierre. That team didn't seem to have much trouble winning.

Nothing wrong with punks...when they're on your team.

Totally agree.  Is Tkatchuk on our team?  

He’s a good hockey player learning to play on the edge, he’s going to cross it once and a while. Atleast his coach and captain did race to the media to toss him under the bus.  if a Canuck got suspended for doing what he did the same people saying he should have got more would be crying about the anti Vancouver hate from Dps.

Meier but end to the head $2400 fine, tap on the shins and starting a brew haha. 1 game suspension,Even worse stepping back on the ice 10 games. Or the instigator that has dorsett basically handcuffed from stepping  in for a team mate . Yep that’s player safety. 

Virtanen was suppose to be a guy that plays this way for us but he was told not to and he became less effective because of it. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

There are players who take (took) suspensions in order to put fear into their opponents.  Tkatchuk puts fear into no one.  He's a punk, who hurts his team with his selfish, cowardly antics.  

pretty much. I'm so happy we don't have this creep on our team. 

4 hours ago, combover said:

Virtanen was suppose to be a guy that plays this way for us but he was told not to and he became less effective because of it. 

I have no issue with Virtanen being told not to be a complete waste of oxygen.  Tkachuk is rapidly turning into Brad Marchand.  I can't wait until this piece of garbage bites off more than he can chew and gets a well deserved trip to the ICU.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I have no issue with Virtanbn being told not to be a complete waste of oxygen.  Tkachuck is rapidly turning into Brad Marchand.  I can't wait until this piece of garbage bites off more than he can chew and gets a well deserved trip to the ICU.

Well Calgary will be stoked to have a rat faced agitator that leads them in scoring and wins a cup.

as for the trip to the icu Brad hasn’t made that trip yet.and he’s hated and that’s what makes him effective you wouldn’t even know his name if he didn’t play the way he does.

kesler and Burrows did it for us and we loved them (atleast I did) ruutu Cooke Esa Torres lapierre aggravating agitating and to be effective need to play on the line inevitably they will go over and be suspended but I don’t think any player I listed ever had a trip to icu. 

Just now, combover said:

Well Calgary will be stoked to have a rat faced agitator that leads them in scoring and wins a cup.

as for the trip to the icu Brad hasn’t made that trip yet.and he’s hated and that’s what makes him effective you wouldn’t even know his name if he didn’t play the way he does.

kesler and Burrows did it for us and we loved them (atleast I did) ruutu Cooke Esa Torres lapierre aggravating agitating and to be effective need to play on the line inevitably they will go over and be suspended but I don’t think any player I listed ever had a trip to icu. 

Kes and Burr did it without intentionally attempting to injure opponents.  THere's a difference between being an agitator and being a gutless piece of garbage like Tkachuck.  The only reason someone hasn't done the NHL's job and ended Marchand's career is because of Chara.

I prefer to not have players out there that are not only a disgrace to the sport, but to the entire species.  Character matters.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Kes and Burr did it without intentionally attempting to injure opponents.  THere's a difference between being an agitator and being a gutless piece of garbage like Tkachuck.  The only reason someone hasn't done the NHL's job and ended Marchand's career is because of Chara.

I prefer to not have players out there that are not only a disgrace to the sport, but to the entire species.  Character matters.

I guess that’s why other teams consistently take liberties with tha Canucks because they know there will be no retribution.turn the other cheek take the high road character, till Keith elbows sedin in the head retaliation nope of coarse not ....character.

A player cheap shots a Canuck there’s no retribution maybe dorsett steps  in but  nobody takes a cheap shot at any of there players. 

The la king ran the goaltender(louie] till he’s hurt nobody one ran there’s ...wonder why they keep doing it. Maybe that’s why we have never won a cup to worried about character and not just winning at any cost. 

Loved Torres as a Canuck he kept other teams honest with questionable hits not character. Guess who was on the team in the scf.

lapeire Torres Kesler Burrows teams hated us and not because of character.

1 vs 10. for the guy who instigated. id be slapping down a 2 ideally 3 for that.

only way kids learn is from a smack on the wrist. kids getting off easy.  the nhls enforcement is the laughing stock of professional sports.  the det guy gets 10 games for coming back on the ice after getting speared and del zotto gets a stick speared in his face and the guy gets fined $2000. The league is a joke.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I have no issue with Virtanen being told not to be a complete waste of oxygen.  Tkachuck is rapidly turning into Brad Marchand.  I can't wait until this piece of garbage bites off more than he can chew and gets a well deserved trip to the ICU.

Oh please, Tkachuk can only dream being the calibre of player as Marchand.

He is a fantastic hockey player but I really hate his guts. I was watching the brawl against Detroit and I really do believe the whole thing started because of Tkachuk. If not for him everything would have been so much smoother. 
I really don't understand how he can get away with all the $&!# he pulls off. One Tkachuk is enough, I really hope we don't get Brady.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Pretty glad we didn't draft him now.  Maybe Benning was able to identify the character issues before the draft?

Agreed, He is a Punk, Glad we passed on him.

If he played for us he probably would have got 11 games because of the DOPS standard of, if West of Rockies and north of 49th Parallel, ADD 10 GAMES 

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Unlike other agitators, you get the sense (as was the case in London) that his own teammates don't like the guy.   He will "Sean Avery" himself before he ever becomes anything remotely resembling Marchand.

that and he walked into the league day 1 showing no respect for older players. I think thats what annoys me most about him. 

Archived