• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Bo53Horvat

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Guddy to Ottawa for Chabot.  Sounds fair to this CUNUCK’S fan.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

I just don't know if what they're willing to give up would be enough for me to be happy to part with him. 

• Upvote 2

we need a pool of interested teams to which a trade for gud can be considered

i doubt he will be prepared to sign a new contract with the canucks for salary and term that makes sense for this team

if he fills a specific need / role on a playoff team that could enhance his trade value

so the canucks need to keep all their options open

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I just don't know if what they're willing to give up would be enough for me to be happy to part with him. 

Timothy Liljegren :)

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bo53Horvat said:

Timothy Liljegren :)

With how much he fell in the draft and what Gudbranson brings that's not enough of a return imho. And I doubt the Leafs would be willing to add enough to make it worth it. 

• Thanks 1

Leaf's always like to low-ball in trade talks.  Stay away from them JB.

• Upvote 4

who is the source? (not clcking on the link).

Can you post the substance (or not) of this rumour in the OP - just a link to an outside source isn't really enough imo - just creates traffic for an outside site.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Can you post the substance (or not) of this rumour in the OP - just a link to an outside source isn't really enough imo - just creates traffic for an outside side.

the links virus free. :)

says leafs, mtl, ott all may have interest.   leafs want a d man before holiday break.  ott says they like their d reporter believes they may want d depth at tdl for post season.  

more tor and mtl that are interested.  fla apparently has moved on and isnt interested in requiring his services.

(they likely think they can nab him in free agency or have new plans. - this is my speculation)

Edited by Rush17

The Leafs can keep their grubby mitts off our Guddy, they're an organization that'll never want to pay us fairly.

• Upvote 2

This 'rumor' was started by John Shannon at the end of his interview with Spn650 like two weeks ago.. then the rest of the Toronto sportsnet network jumped in the bandwagon. 

I hope JB extends Guddy soon to make these toronto insiders look stupid.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Can you post the substance (or not) of this rumour in the OP - just a link to an outside source isn't really enough imo - just creates traffic for an outside site.

Isn't the source of the rumour embedded within the link?  "Pro hockey Rumours. Com"?  Seriously, CDC says that rumours from Eklund are okay, so why not this source?  

• Upvote 3