The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

we need a pool of interested teams to which a trade for gud can be considered

i doubt he will be prepared to sign a new contract with the canucks for salary and term that makes sense for this team

if he fills a specific need / role on a playoff team that could enhance his trade value

so the canucks need to keep all their options open

2 minutes ago, Bo53Horvat said:

Timothy Liljegren :)

And? We gave up McCann and a ....33?? I just don't see how his value has dropped since coming here. I thought he has been a rock for us on the back end and would be disappointed in us losing our only tough dman, sbisa going in the draft was okay with me cuz we still had guddy for physical play. I want another young proven guy in return if guddy goes 

3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place.

• For all trades use [TRADE].
  • For all signings use [SIGNING].
  • For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS].
  • For all rumours use [RUMOUR].

For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

who is the source? (not clcking on the link).

Can you post the substance (or not) of this rumour in the OP - just a link to an outside source isn't really enough imo - just creates traffic for an outside side.

the links virus free. :)

says leafs, mtl, ott all may have interest.   leafs want a d man before holiday break.  ott says they like their d reporter believes they may want d depth at tdl for post season.  

more tor and mtl that are interested.  fla apparently has moved on and isnt interested in requiring his services.

(they likely think they can nab him in free agency or have new plans. - this is my speculation)

This 'rumor' was started by John Shannon at the end of his interview with Spn650 like two weeks ago.. then the rest of the Toronto sportsnet network jumped in the bandwagon. 

I hope JB extends Guddy soon to make these toronto insiders look stupid.

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

who is the source? (not clcking on the link).

Can you post the substance (or not) of this rumour in the OP - just a link to an outside source isn't really enough imo - just creates traffic for an outside site.

Isn't the source of the rumour embedded within the link?  "Pro hockey Rumours. Com"?  Seriously, CDC says that rumours from Eklund are okay, so why not this source?  

Archived